• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

swapping to late model doors........ (240)

Rockmonton

well, my 76' has a few good rust holes on the doors, and it'd be easier to replace them than to patch it up, now, i do have a mint set of 93' 244 doors, but it appears the strike plates are a fair bit different (3 bolts as opposed to 4 bolts) Just wondering if anyone has converted, if i's possible to take the latch off of the 76' doors and put them on the 93' doors?

No go, major construction required. I tried to switch some damamged 77' 244 doors with my '83s Doors. I couldnt even come up with a way to change it all over.

bah, so that means i've gotta use these doors and weld it all up, crap. ah well, iwonder if i can just cut out the webbing/supports inside at the welds on each of them, and move the skin/framing over from one to the other... hmm.

The year change was 1978. Volvo used to sell the parts necessary to adapt the old latch to the newer style doors. They might still be available through the dealer, though. Otherwise, I'd look at maybe modifying the B and C pillars for the later striker plates. There's a metal reinforcement plate that goes inside the pillars behind the sheetmetal and is bolted to the striker plate.

-J

haha thats what offroading will get you in a volvo "Ohh crap, i think we're gonna gonna crash" dragging the brakes so as not to skid down the embankment, but not able to scrub off enough speed to not get mad jdm tyte air, it was ****ty, and of course i had to nail the steel plate at the bottom of it, which is what really did her in, but, she lives on in an older soul, with a lot more class.

anyone know a P/N on the latch kit?

haha thats what offroading will get you in a volvo "Ohh crap, i think we're gonna gonna crash" dragging the brakes so as not to skid down the embankment, but not able to scrub off enough speed to not get mad jdm tyte air, it was ****ty, and of course i had to nail the steel plate at the bottom of it, which is what really did her in, but, she lives on in an older soul, with a lot more class.

anyone know a P/N on the latch kit?
yes, indeed the 264 has more class than 244 its like s80 vs s60.
you should really think about updating everything though, so it looks euro spec!:oogle:
like this!!:-P
010__scaled_600.jpg

oppose to this (usa spec)

011__scaled_600.jpg

bumper-1.jpg
one terrible picture.

HID1.jpg

pic of the lights when they first went in....

Needs moar turbo, flathood and big big big cut up semi-truck grille between the small rounds.

Back