• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Little Red Riding Hood... all polished up and looking pretty

NChoy

18 bricks and counting
300+ Club
Took these pics at Woodburn Drag Strip this Sunday in between running my V70R.

Enjoy!

She's got a few dings and dents, but otherwise she's straight and relatively rust-free. My neighbor does paintless dent removal... so in a couple of months all the small dings will be gone.
dsc0003smva0.jpg

dsc0007smaj8.jpg

Took me almost a week to get the interior dialed in... upgraded 140 seatbelts and "borrowed" the back seat from my other 142.
dsc0032smrs4.jpg

This is me getting "artsy"
dsc0030smws0.jpg

Interior looks really nice. Get rid of the steering wheel condom.

Yeah, I hate it. P/O thought it was a good idea to hide the torn up steering wheel, but all it did was make an unsightly problem worse. I'm having my machinist make me an adapter plate so I can mate my Momo steering wheel to this steering wheel's hub.

Thanks for all your kind words and compliments... sure is nice to hear some good feedback on almost 3 weeks of hard work, sweat and toil.

Sweet!
You don't see many in that condition anymore.:omg:
How is the anodized headlight trim not faded?
Great pix.
He went through and "refinished" the badging, and while looking at it at woodburn, I think he also gave the grill some treatment as well.

The thing that gets me, is all the plastic trim that's usually yellow is chrome... Nick, I think I remember you mentioning you were going to do something there, but man, what DID you do?

From Nick on OVT:
I did a little trick with the taillight surround and license plate molding. I tried to polish up the faded plastic (which is yellowed by the sun), and though it showed the "chrome" backing somewhat, it didn't come out the way I though it should.

So I painted them with aluminum paint, but here's the trick of the century... don't stop there. The aluminum paint just makes it look like aluminum. (It's a special paint code I found at GI Joes, but they don't make it anymore!!!) You have to put two coats of clear lacquer over it in order to get the polished "aluminum" look. Far away it looks like chrome, but close up it looks like polished aluminum.

Nifty eh?

Back