• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Should I run an M47 or BMW shift knob...

Cornercase

Formerly ladeadhead
So, I'll hopefully be completing my Getrag swap this weekend, and I'm having trouble deciding between a BMW shift knob and just putting an M47 knob on there. What do you guys think?

Thanks
Eamon

Pictures of the BMW shift knob for those of us who might not have seen one?

This thread is pretty silly :rofl:

Isn't the main advantage to a transmission swap the fact that your shift knob won't come off every time you grab 2nd?

Neither, drop the cash and get a momo shift knob- high quality, tons of designs to choose from, and as long as you know your shift pattern, you wont care that it doesn't have numbers (although I think some of them might). Although between the two, I like the bimmer ones just because they fit well in my hand, even though they're a little to small for my hands to be really comfy.. my father has a chromed billet momo knob in his 911 (basically just a polished metal sphere), and its insanely comfy- only thing is if your hands sweat alot you might not get a good grip on it all the time...

M47 knob is horrible. I use an M45 knob on my M47 now that my leather Momo knob has worn out (leather on a shift knob doesn't last forever).

Back