PDA

View Full Version : Got my goodies today

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 08:35 PM
So I got most of the stuff i ordered in the mail today. I got my Lesjofer springs and all my badges also. Also picked up a nice set of dracos:-D:-DStill waiting on all the other susspension goodies

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/006-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/008-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/011.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/001.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/018.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/0032.jpg

RedFridge
01-21-2008, 08:40 PM
How on earth did they ship that dog?

Nice stuff my man. Get ta installing.

A-Rode
01-21-2008, 09:14 PM
sweet

Im thinking of doing a mesh grille, with volvo in th ebottom left and 240 up top and right

I like jthe look of dracos on teh 240

Poik
01-21-2008, 09:21 PM
Are you really putting that R on the car?

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Are you really putting that R on the car?

im not too sure yet, im gunna see how it looks. I kind of like the looks of it with just the motorsports badge. I most likely will though.

A-Rode
01-21-2008, 09:48 PM
do it

Poik
01-21-2008, 09:49 PM
im not too sure yet, im gunna see how it looks. I kind of like the looks of it with just the motorsports badge. I most likely will though.
First you need 300+. That should be a requirement.

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 09:52 PM
First you need 300+. That should be a requirement.
Lol i dont even think that the R models besides the s60s even had 300 horse dude...

Poik
01-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Yeah but you drive a 240, it's not an R model. You are giving Volvos a bad rep by ricing up your ride with that R badge and your 114hp of fury.

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Yeah but you drive a 240, it's not an R model. You are giving Volvos a bad rep by ricing up your ride with that R badge and your 114hp of fury.

Thats your opinion;-) Doesnt look ricer at all, im not putting a huge spoiler and some lame body kit on my car...just some tastefull mods to make it look a tad sportier. My car only has 36000 miles on it, im not going to butcher the motor so i can acheive 300 HP to have the right to put an R emblem on my car...lol.

VolvoPunch
01-21-2008, 10:07 PM
So how do you like the springs? I have installed the same ones on my 240 but have yet to drive it because of the motor rebuild.

jfs356
01-21-2008, 10:22 PM
I love white 240s.....:cool:

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 10:23 PM
So how do you like the springs? I have installed the same ones on my 240 but have yet to drive it because of the motor rebuild.

I dont have em installed yet, im gunna wait till i get my bilstiens so i can do it all at once. Cant wait to drive on em tho:oogle: Did u get urs off of ebay also?

Tenacious Todd
01-21-2008, 10:26 PM

+5

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 10:50 PM
+5

lol w/e i think it looks sweet.

Poik
01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
Thats your opinion;-) Doesnt look ricer at all, im not putting a huge spoiler and some lame body kit on my car...just some tastefull mods to make it look a tad sportier. My car only has 36000 miles on it, im not going to butcher the motor so i can acheive 300 HP to have the right to put an R emblem on my car...lol.
Might as well put a huge spoiler and some lame body kit on it. If you would rather butcher the exterior of the car by adding an R badge to a 20 year old Volvo 240 with no get up and go than drop in a rebuilt engine with 2-3x the power.. :uh:

Krunk Fu
01-21-2008, 11:45 PM
Might as well put a huge spoiler and some lame body kit on it. If you would rather butcher the exterior of the car by adding an R badge to a 20 year old Volvo 240 with no get up and go than drop in a rebuilt engine with 2-3x the power.. :uh:
jeez ppl are sensitive around here...all over an R badge. Lol putting an emblem on the shaved trunk is not butchering anything...not affecting the longevity of the car in anyway, can always be removed. What good is a car with a rebuilt motor thats built towards performance if you dont have the proper Suspension to manage it in and out of turns? Nothing like going into a hard turn and not being able to use the car to its fullest all because you would rather think power than handling. With new springs, shocks, bushings sway bars and brakes, the car would feel twice as fast as it does now. All the R sport badge is doing is making it different from all the other 240s u see on the road. Not exactly my idea of "ricer" Whats the difference from putting an R sport horn button on your steering wheel or a group A spoiler on your car? There really isnt any, its just suiting the car too how the owner likes it.Yeah its not an R model but it can still perform like one

2fast242gt
01-22-2008, 12:24 AM

stop being such d bags, its a fuc*ing stick on FACTAORY volvo bage wtf is your guys probblems? if its rice start going to your local dealers and prying them off and do volvo some good, it was obviously a mistake for them to make them. you guys need to lay off and get them panties outa your bums.

CaptainWhoosh
01-22-2008, 12:31 AM
Looks like some tasteful mods, rock on

VolvoPunch
01-22-2008, 01:06 AM
I dont have em installed yet, im gunna wait till i get my bilstiens so i can do it all at once. Cant wait to drive on em tho:oogle: Did u get urs off of ebay also?

I got my springs from FCP and the HD's from ebay.

Krunk Fu
01-22-2008, 01:50 AM
I got my springs from FCP and the HD's from ebay.

oh nice, Ebays always got good deals on HD's. 379 Buy it now with free shipping.

VolvoPunch
01-22-2008, 10:58 AM
Yeah ebay has good deals but one of the new struts I got was leaking when I opened the package. So we will see how long it lasts.

Krunk Fu
01-22-2008, 03:56 PM
Yeah ebay has good deals but one of the new struts I got was leaking when I opened the package. So we will see how long it lasts.

thats lame do they have a return policy?

Krunk Fu
01-22-2008, 04:33 PM
so i just finished applying the R emblem. Lining it up was a pain in the A$$ but i did a pretty good job, now i just need to get rid of the gay AAA sticker
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/003-1.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u21/bgingerelli/002-1.jpg

Dawson
01-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Looks cool to me! I can understand where everyone else is coming from because when people see certain badging on a car they may think there's something special under the hood... and when they find out there's not, they may be disappointed or just wonder why and look at you funny. This is why I am trying to restrain myself from installing my "Turbo" badge until I actually have my +T done, so when people stop me and ask about the car (as they occasionally do) I won't look like an idiot showing off what I don't have. Anyways I think just the simple "R" Badge looks fine, As long as your not slapping it on crooked next to the "DL" on a completely stock, worn out car. Your car is a fine example of a flawless 240 which that "R" badge will look fine on.

I wish I waited, I have my HD's on and I really don't want to pull everything apart again for the springs... But I eventually will sometime this spring!

BrickBorg612
01-22-2008, 05:29 PM
Considering the R models are "refinement" versions of the cars they're based on, i think it's perfectly justified to have an R badge on his car. Just don't put an R-Sport badge on there till you've got a turbo lol

Fuse
01-22-2008, 05:56 PM
R-Sport did a lot of other stuff too.. R-Sport turbo kit was kinda low end product for B19A and B21A engines.. Competition parts of the R-Sport department were much nicer. ;-)

Krunk Fu
01-22-2008, 06:07 PM
Looks cool to me! I can understand where everyone else is coming from because when people see certain badging on a car they may think there's something special under the hood... and when they find out there's not, they may be disappointed or just wonder why and look at you funny. This is why I am trying to restrain myself from installing my "Turbo" badge until I actually have my +T done, so when people stop me and ask about the car (as they occasionally do) I won't look like an idiot showing off what I don't have. Anyways I think just the simple "R" Badge looks fine, As long as your not slapping it on crooked next to the "DL" on a completely stock, worn out car. Your car is a fine example of a flawless 240 which that "R" badge will look fine on.

I wish I waited, I have my HD's on and I really don't want to pull everything apart again for the springs... But I eventually will sometime this spring!

thanks mate. Yeah i understand why ppl can think its kinda wierd to have an R badge on 240. To me I think a kick ass suspension is reason enough to throw an R sport badge on the trunk lid. Now ive just gotta get the springs and shocks in there,and my sway bars when i get my next pay check.Im considering doing a +t this summer, hopefully all goes as planned:cheers: