• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Sweet Fog lights + OldSkul Antenna (warning Snowy 240 content)

Marek

So i installed these suckers yesterday, they are amazing!!! I installed them into the holes that were meant for the wipers! They were such a b1tch to bolt under the light though!
They are aligned properly yet but i'll do it this week :)

IMG_1123.jpg

The antenna, i installed on thursday, it was in the box Vintage from the 80's repair antenna :p it has the spring on the base and can extend to 66 inches :rofl:
I dont even listen to the radio, just cd's but it was so pimp i couldnt resist :)

enjoy! (i was too lazy to go outside to take some pics :( through the window shots ftw!)

IMG_1115.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

lots of rallying this weekend :p its been snowing since friday morning :p had some hail in the night, so its nice and slippy and a blast to drift :)

cheers!

update
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_-PptE7gR4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0_-PptE7gR4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh man, I'm jealous, it's been snowing here all week, but my car won't start and my only alternative is a FWD matrix :(.

As far as the antenna and lights...those are perfect, cool when you notice them, but not noticable enough to look cheesy. Where did you get that antenna? I love the tilted antennae

Ahh man, I'm jealous, it's been snowing here all week, but my car won't start and my only alternative is a FWD matrix :(.

As far as the antenna and lights...those are perfect, cool when you notice them, but not noticable enough to look cheesy. Where did you get that antenna? I love the tilted antennae

I work at Volvo Orsini in Montreal, and they were getting rid of some old stock :) that antenna was in the package from 1984 or something and it was a "replacement antenna kit" for the 140-240's :)

I chose those fogs as they were very brickish :)

i find the antenna is rawkin because its chrome, its a ball at the bottom that you tighten and adjust with a philips screwdriver i chose the angle cause up and straight looked gay as hell !!!!

As for installation...

just a little wiring: _Run a wire from the battery to the switch (add a fuse)
_Run a wire with a splitter at the end to the first fog light
_Run a wire from the splitter to the second fog light
_ground both negatives on the fogs to the chassis
_warm up engine
_fire up the fogs
_turn of day lights
_start beating the hell out of the car.

cheers

Where can you buy those rock guards for the fog lights? I don't see that style on any of the Bosch dealer web sites.

I'm assuming those would fit on the standard 240 OEM/Bosch fog lights that hang under the bumper.

I like that style of rock guard better than the BMW/Saab fog light guards.

As for installation...

just a little wiring: _Run a wire from the battery to the switch (add a fuse)
_Run a wire with a splitter at the end to the first fog light
_Run a wire from the splitter to the second fog light
_ground both negatives on the fogs to the chassis
_warm up engine
_fire up the fogs
_turn of day lights
_start beating the hell out of the car.

cheers

no relay??

I like the antenna, I have the same one on my Toyota Hilux.

Why did you install the fogs there, rather than below the bumper?

I like the antenna, I have the same one on my Toyota Hilux.

Why did you install the fogs there, rather than below the bumper?

I'll go for a little ride in not too long and take some pics, and you will quickly understand :)

OK. BTW, I've noticed that the lenses are clear. Are they driving lights or fog lights?

Why did you mount them in a position which partially obscures the stock headlights?

OK. BTW, I've noticed that the lenses are clear. Are they driving lights or fog lights?

Why did you mount them in a position which partially obscures the stock headlights?

Because i didnt want to drill into the bumper, and i found that putting them where the wipers go would look awesome :D And they dont obstruct the headlights at all! :)

pix of snoah!

IMG_1124.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

IMG_1121.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1122.jpg

IMG_1123.jpg

i did some doh-nut vidz but they take sooooo freaking long to load onto youtube...

I'll post up as soon as i get em oN!

when snow falls here it falls hard, and often you have snow banks in the middle of the street and in intersections that are door handle high, its aweful, and you have to smash through them (its fluffy snow but still!)

cheers!

Nice shots the 240 looks good. But do you have a plug for the 240 to keep the oil warm? What type of oil do you run though it being that far up north.

Back