PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here the winning bidder on these ferrari 308 bbs wheels?

jay f.
02-17-2008, 04:30 PM
I was tempted to post this link before the bidding was over but i know how everyone gets their panties in a wad if you post ebay ads that arent yours. Hopefully some one here got them. They are the same as the ones i got but mine are gold and 16x8/16x9. these are 16x7.5/16x8

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140206086038&_trksid=p3984.cWAT.m240.lVI

http://i8.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/d8/eb/ee26_3.JPG

blkaplan
02-17-2008, 04:38 PM
i was watching those, they are hawt

growley
02-17-2008, 04:41 PM
Funny, I was talking to yellowbrick last night and he said he was think about bidding on a set of BBS Ferrari wheels on ebay. Maybe he got em.

Pennybridge Pioneer
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
won't clear R brakes, will they?

PRVersion
02-17-2008, 04:44 PM
16" + R brakes = wah wah wah

shellshock
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
Very sexy. How hard would it be to find another set of these?

valvesprung
02-17-2008, 05:15 PM
Ooooooooooo I like...

GSWAGON
02-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Funny, I was talking to yellowbrick last night and he said he was think about bidding on a set of BBS Ferrari wheels on ebay. Maybe he got em.

Haha, yup that was the set, I didn't make it home in time to bid though...they went for a fair price too.

Oh well.

GSWAGON
02-17-2008, 07:36 PM
I was tempted to post this link before the bidding was over but i know how everyone gets their panties in a wad if you post ebay ads that arent yours. Hopefully some one here got them. They are the same as the ones i got but mine are gold and 16x8/16x9. these are 16x7.5/16x8

do you have pics of yours installed all the way? I think I saw you test fitting them but never the final pics.

Hodginsa
02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
Whats the bolt pattern of those? Same as volvo right?

growley
02-17-2008, 08:59 PM
Whats the bolt pattern of those? Same as volvo right?
Yezzir

wisturbo
02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh dear god those are hot and that price is great. Those would look mighty nice on any Volvo for sure.

jay f.
02-18-2008, 08:11 AM
do you have pics of yours installed all the way? I think I saw you test fitting them but never the final pics.

I actually did buy new tires, 245/45 rears 225/45 front, and had them mounted for about 500 miles but never took pictures :(

There was a vibration in the front wheels that i thought were misbalanced tires. After raising the car up and inspecting them i found that for some reason both front wheels would move slightly, as in rock back and forth a little. They were mounted with the correct hubcentric rings and using the same lug nuts as the rears, and the rears are fine, they dont move at all. So i'm not 100% sure what's wrong. I recently bought a nice torque wrench so i'm going to try that. If that doesnt work then i'm going to take it to a local wheel repair shop that refinshed my ARE wheels and see what they think. The only thing i can see is that when i mount them there doesnt seem to be enough "lip" on the hub to mount the wheel on, if that makes sense.

By the way what is the process for torquing lug nuts, do i hand tighten then torque while on ground? Or torque while in the air while someon hits brakes? What pressure do i torque them to? And i'll take pictures this time around :)

340GL
02-18-2008, 08:22 AM
I actually did buy new tires, 245/45 rears 225/45 front, and had them mounted for about 500 miles but never took pictures :(

There was a vibration in the front wheels that i thought were misbalanced tires. After raising the car up and inspecting them i found that for some reason both front wheels would move slightly, as in rock back and forth a little. They were mounted with the correct hubcentric rings and using the same lug nuts as the rears, and the rears are fine, they dont move at all. So i'm not 100% sure what's wrong. I recently bought a nice torque wrench so i'm going to try that. If that doesnt work then i'm going to take it to a local wheel repair shop that refinshed my ARE wheels and see what they think. The only thing i can see is that when i mount them there doesnt seem to be enough "lip" on the hub to mount the wheel on, if that makes sense.

By the way what is the process for torquing lug nuts, do i hand tighten then torque while on ground? Or torque while in the air while someon hits brakes? What pressure do i torque them to? And i'll take pictures this time around :)

ignore me if this makes no sense:

Sled Driver?

GrandmaSideways
02-18-2008, 09:05 AM
Hot.

psy
02-18-2008, 09:56 AM

you sure the lug nuts are going all the way on the wheel and not botteming out before making it tight?

DoubleV
02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
Those are sweet... Anyone know what offset they are?

GrandmaSideways
02-18-2008, 08:54 PM
I think the 308's used something like a 12mm offset.

BoxDriver2
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
They look nice but someone did a pretty bad refinishing job on the centers after looking at the ebay auction.

Fair price though!

Those look more like Epsilon wheels than BBS but both were similar.

marchul
02-18-2008, 09:21 PM
Wait, didnt 308's use "metric" sized tires? And like only 1 company makes them, and by todays standards they really suck? Or was that a different model Ferrari?

towerymt
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Wait, didnt 308's use "metric" sized tires? And like only 1 company makes them, and by todays standards they really suck? Or was that a different model Ferrari?
Some stock wheels on 80s european cars may be metric. but these aren't stock wheels as far as I know, so they are likely 16"

BoxDriver2
02-18-2008, 10:14 PM

Some BMW M6 models, some Renault R5 [not really imported into the US aside form collectors] and some others..

Michelin makes metric tires as do some others.

marchul
02-18-2008, 10:37 PM
OK well, which Ferrari used metric wheels? I didnt know so many others did too.

Super1800GTR
02-19-2008, 03:27 PM
I like these better than my epsilons which have 15" centers but 16" barrels.

I believe the 308 used metric tires, maybe the 328??. I recommend you stay away from factory Ferrari wheels of this era. A they're expensive, B they don't look that good, C the tire issue. Anything aftermarket should be fine. The tires were suppose to be great back then, now they're just plain expensive. There are even companies that reproduce factory ferrari wheels that are 16" instead of 390??

Be careful about offsets on some of these aftermarket wheels. I have 2 sets of 16x8 16x10 aftermarket 308 wheels (epsilon and gotti). From what I understood both were in the 0 offset range (front and rear). After test fitting them the rear gottis are in the -offset range. Still haven gotten around to measuring yet because they are stored away. It's taking a lot more pulling of the fender to fit them. There aren't any markings on the wheels except 16x . I assume this is because they're 3 and 2 piece (respectively) Just be aware when spending money on wheels not designed for you car.

volvo940tuner
02-19-2008, 03:30 PM
ah, metric tires can be a pain. we have an e24 (L6) at the shop that has metric tires..only place that carried 'em was in the UK and it was gonna be about $600.

BoxDriver2
02-20-2008, 01:45 AM
16x8 ET-2

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u269/Saabaru25/FolderD016.jpg