PDA

View Full Version : Single shot

mblue240
02-17-2008, 08:20 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/lead4105/Week9030.jpg

The weather was amazing today so I went for a drive down several curvy roads:) This is one of many pictures I took today. Can I get tips on how to make the black border even and my sig to look better? I'm welcome to any other pshop tips too.

Dawson
02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Very nice... Are those the IPD Pentastar wheels? Soo sweet on 240s!

esunbaboon
02-17-2008, 08:57 PM
Looks good, but you could adjust the white balance a bit more.

340GL
02-18-2008, 05:00 AM
Looks good, but you could adjust the white balance a bit more.

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2968/editfu9.jpg

not a very good edit but yeah...

mblue240
02-18-2008, 11:08 AM
Yes they are IPD wheels :) I just got them last week, thats sorta why I went on the cruise today. Sadly I'm working with a point and shoot digi camera, a good one though, and didn't notice that almost all of the pics were getting a bluish tint to them. Now I have to go and relearn everything I knew about pshop in high school and get all of the other ones looking true to life.

340GL
02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Yes they are IPD wheels :) I just got them last week, thats sorta why I went on the cruise today. Sadly I'm working with a point and shoot digi camera, a good one though, and didn't notice that almost all of the pics were getting a bluish tint to them. Now I have to go and relearn everything I knew about pshop in high school and get all of the other ones looking true to life.

You can usually change the White Balance settings in-camera - it really does help. I can see you're using a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX3... there should be 5 WB settings to choose from as well as a custom one that you can set yourself. You may have to have a bit of hunting through menus but the settings are there.

mblue240
02-18-2008, 11:38 AM
I think the settings are right, in general, I was just dealing with some funky light. Some of them turned out better than others...I just wish I had a Nikon D40x.

340GL
02-18-2008, 11:42 AM
I think the settings are right, in general, I was just dealing with some funky light. Some of them turned out better than others...I just wish I had a Nikon D40x.

If there's a "shade" WB setting it would definitely make a picture taken in an environment like that much warmer/less blue.

D40x?? why?

mblue240
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
D40, my friend has one and I absolutly love it. Of course it bugs the heck out of me that all of her settings are at Auto. I told her we should trade cameras since she doesn't she uses hers like mine.

How did you change my pic? I can't seem to figure out how to do it :oops:

340GL
02-18-2008, 12:15 PM
D40, my friend has one and I absolutly love it. Of course it bugs the heck out of me that all of her settings are at Auto. I told her we should trade cameras since she doesn't she uses hers like mine.

How did you change my pic? I can't seem to figure out how to do it :oops:

I just did Image -> Adjustments -> Colour Balance... or Ctrl+B. there may be a better quality way of doing it, but that's the easiest way I can think of to do a quick job.

the reason i asked was beacuse the D40/D40x lacks a status LCD panel on top of camera for quick review of the settings meaning you have to dive into the menus to change things like ISO and White Balance, since there aren't any quick shortcut buttons on the body itself. Also there is no lens motor in the body meaning that you're limited to AF-S and AF-I only lenses... meaning you'd have to miss out on some very good ones like the 50mm f1.8. I thought that the body was too small for my hands... it didn't feel as well built as my D50 but that could be down to personal opinion. I have no doubts that it has the ability to capture good quality images but I felt like they stepped backwards from the D50 it replaced instead of at least maintaining status quo.

shellshock
02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
paint the inside of those wheels body color :drool: