PDA

View Full Version : SE body kit Revival

YURPLES
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I searched but couldn't find any pictures due to "SE" only being 2 letters and "body kit" came up with nothing. So I was wondering if anybody has some pics of the SE kit. I need as detailed pics as possible because i'm trying to repair one and some parts are cracked off so I need to fill the voids correctly. Mainly I want the side skirts because I only have one and I have no idea if it is the left or the right side. Also are these ABS plastic or fiberglass? I'm pretty sure they are ABS but I just want to make sure. Thanks alot.

YURPLES
02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Nobody? How do you tell which side skirt goes on which side? Both ends look the same.

linuxman51
02-21-2008, 11:02 PM
they might freely interchange, otherwise look for where the mounting hardware attaches

norcal505
02-21-2008, 11:04 PM
two of my neighbors have it!!
one-on a white 745se on hydras, second-on a red 745turbo on hydras
i have Pics of both with my car!

ShadowofBob
02-21-2008, 11:36 PM
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/shadowofbob/vscans/740se.bmp
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/shadowofbob/vscans/740separts.bmp
That has the part numbers for the left and right skirts.

I don't have any pics of my kit at home, but hopefully those scans will help. I want to say the skirts area polyurethane material but I can't confirm that. I know the bumper covers are, but now that I think of it the skirts looked like there were a different material color on the back side.

One way to figure out sides is the upper mounting tab that goes to the B pillar to hold the skirt up to your car in addition to the double sided tape that is on the back of the skirt. If should line up with a black plug(it's replaced by a nylon threaded insert for a screw to hold the top part of the skirt in.) on the pillar. Look at the parts diagram to get an idea of what I am talking about.

I'm interested in hearing how the repair turns out. One of my skirts is missing a little chunk on the end of it, nothing too bad but something I'd like to fix when I send to be stripped and primed.

YURPLES
02-22-2008, 01:05 AM
Well i've been sanding it down and the material is black so thats why I thought it was ABS. I would rather just make some ABS sludge to make the repairs instead of fiberglass because I know fiberlglass doesn't bond to plastic very well and I don't want to have to deal with cracking after its been painted. If I can't find another sideskirt then i'm probably going to make one from scratch out of fiberglass. It shouldn't be too hard because it's not a complex shape. Maybe I can just make a mold of the side I have and pull a copy out of that since the left and the right look identical to me from pictures.

MeatRo
02-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Yes, the sides are identical. The only way to know which side it is, is the mounting locations. You could pull a copy for either side from either side. I've always wondered how difficult it would be, and how much they would sell for. ;-)

I think it's made of poly, sands down really nice to the black color you got.

YURPLES
02-22-2008, 10:44 AM
Hmmm I might have to make the repairs with fiberglass then. It shouldn't be a huge problem if I rough the area up and drill a couple holes in it so that the glass has something to stick to.

Chris_R
02-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Anybody have an older Ford Explorer?

I was at the junkyard the other day and the side skirts look like they'd fit a 7 series nicely. Didn't have time to measure or test though.

YURPLES
02-22-2008, 01:21 PM
Anybody have an older Ford Explorer?

I was at the junkyard the other day and the side skirts look like they'd fit a 7 series nicely. Didn't have time to measure or test though.

I put my sideskirt next to my brothers E300 benz and it matched up almost perfectly.