• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

16v b230 intake adapter

shaved240

got bored today so decided to make good use of my time. I already have a b230 intake manifold with a welded 16v flange on it, but decided to make the adapter just in case I ran into problems with the manifold

anyhow went to the local metal place and got a piece of 7/16" aluminum for 6 bucks. went home, taped the 16v intake gasket I had to the aluminum and traced it with a black sharpy. next went to autozone and got a cheap 7 dollar felspro intake gasket for a b230. traced the 8v gasket over the 16v one, marked all the holes, and began drilling. drilled all the holes for the 16v, then tapped the 8v ones so that I could put 3/8" bolt through it. next i got a hole saw and cut out the 1.5" hole. that took a while, and in the process of doing so smoke started to come out of my drill.

I still have to cut the section out for the thermostat, and cut some of the fat off the bottom of the aluminum piece, but besides that not too much else that i need to do.

all in all I spent about $20 bucks on this project. basically the only tool that I used was a drill, and a tap for the 8v holes. I even got a compliment from a guy at ace hardware asking what I was doing. I told him that i was making a manifold adapter...he thought it was pretty awesome little project

anyhow here is the ****ty cell phone picture:

Photo_110808_003.jpg

Back