PDA

View Full Version : These 240is is my projects.

volvo240tic
01-29-2003, 08:54 PM
http://www.volvo240tic.com/danne8.jpg
http://www.volvo240tic.com/geals.jpg
http://www.volvo240tic.com/knn24203.jpg

Marvelous3
01-29-2003, 09:06 PM
Sweet rides dude, you guys over in Europe have all the cool stuff...I especially like those V70R wheels(at least that's when they look like) on your blue 240 :eek:

Captain Bondo
01-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Those are volvo "twist", V70r hat sateelite, that looke more like titans.
Anyhoo,
all i have to say to you, mr 240tic is:

:shock: :eek: :hitit: :rockon: :boink: :urgod: :urgod: :beer2: :love: :werd:

Beautiful man, it becuase of people like you that we get any products for the 240 at all!!!
Any engine/transmisison specs?

volvo240tic
01-29-2003, 09:17 PM
Marvelous3 >>>> That rims are frpm V70R and here they are called Comet.

CaptainBondo>>> Thanx.U can find all facts about my cars at my hompage www.volvo240tic.com there u also find over 500 Volvo pics in several galleries

towerymt
01-29-2003, 10:05 PM
The V70R version is typically the Meteor, a 16" wheel. The 17" Comet was an optional wheel.

I've always liked your yellow 240. Is that spoiler kit still available from Johanssons MotorSport?

isaac
01-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Thank you so much for showing us these beautiful cars. Those 2 cars have got to be the most jizztacular, make ya wanna commit a sin on them, hot as hell, supersexy cars I've ever seen. Amazing, unbelieveable, fantastic... those words cannot begin to describe what you've done. Without inspiration like this, none of us would ever make such automotive perfection a reality. You are an absolute pimp daddy, mega kick ass, bomb diggity, mofugga. Please continue inspiring Volvo 240 owners everywhere. We need more people like you, especially at turbobricks.com. I bow to you, for you are worthy of worship. Praise the lord for creating people like you to lead us down the path of glory. :urgod:
It is rare that I use an emoticon (this is the first time) but you are the embodiment of why that one was invented.

volvo240tic
01-30-2003, 05:18 AM
towerymt>>>> My spoilerkit came from a company that no more exist but Johanssons Motorsport sell a simular kit and i think they still have it.

Isaac>>> Thanx man , but there are 240is that are greater them mine.
But i will continue with my 2 ones and upgrade it.

Next weekend the blue one will got a new set off speedometers.Those original instuments will be removed and Opel Kadett GSI digital instument will replace them.I will post a picture here when the operation is done :lol:

Mika
01-30-2003, 07:46 AM
Really, really nice man.:rockon: Were those bricks at the Vallåkra show last year, or do I just remember wrong. If so, what trophy did you win, hehee.. Great show btw, fantastic weather too.

boostdemon
01-30-2003, 10:17 AM
Danny,
I've always ment to ask you about the 850R front spoiler on your "blå odjur"

Any advice on doing it? Yours always looked like a perfect install

volvo240tic
01-30-2003, 02:51 PM
Danny,
I've always ment to ask you about the 850R front spoiler on your "blå odjur"

Any advice on doing it? Yours always looked like a perfect install

That spoiler was a custom built spoiler so i dont really know what suggestition i can give u and my nowledge about glassfiber is limited im sorry to say :oops:

towerymt
01-31-2003, 06:33 PM
:D
http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/Bilde10.jpg
http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/1weekly.jpg
http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/val59.jpg
http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/orebro36.jpg

boostdemon
01-31-2003, 08:36 PM
I guess i will have to just save up and come to vallåkra and look for myself! lol

I just need to figure out the best way to attach the sides to the fender so they are the same height as the bumper. like on your car, and last pic towerymt posted of that maroon car

isaac
01-31-2003, 11:21 PM
Michael if you don't stop posting pics of cars with those hideous extended lip wheels, I'm gonna kick you in the nuts.

swede242
02-01-2003, 02:16 AM
Are those really 850 spoilers grafted/molded/blended to fit a 240? Or is it one of those 850 kits for a 700 they used? I don't know why Volvo seemed to just forget about the 200s when it came to any extras.

BTW Isaac....you wont have to worry about any pictures of my cars having wheel lips.....I removed all my wheels...for weight reduction purposes!

:P

boostdemon
02-01-2003, 02:30 AM
[quote:3edd92e038]Are those really 850 spoilers grafted/molded/blended to fit a 240?[/quote:3edd92e038]

yup

towerymt
02-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Michael if you don't stop posting pics of cars with those hideous extended lip wheels, I'm gonna kick you in the nuts.

Quite yer bitching and go buy a FWD car with nice flat face wheels. Many people would kill for a car that takes a 20mm offset which allows some massive lips, but if you don't like it, too bad!!

towerymt
02-01-2003, 06:14 PM
It's actually very easy to tell the 850-look kit from the real 850R front spoiler. The kit appears to have been designed as a compromise between the 850R style of openings and the square lines of the 240. It has a much more square shape that matches the profile of the bumper, as seen here:

http://www.volvonet.org/tpc/vall/images/vall02_006.jpg

swede242
02-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Although I like the yellow car pictured above, that link reminds me of the Plast & Son kit, which is a bit extreme for my tastes. Just reminds me of a train and all I can think about is curbs and speed bumps, then looking for my missing chunks of fiberglass. Now the other pics you posted, LOOK like an oem thing......nice and subtle.

I like subtle...ALOT. 8)

DaButcher
02-12-2003, 07:38 AM
a brick doesent need plastic to look good:

http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_general/front.jpg
http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_general/AMPS.jpg
http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_showing_off/240_open_doors.jpg
http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_showing_off/in_the_dark.jpg
http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_showing_off/cinema_1.jpg
http://www.volvo-power.net/pictures/admins/dabutcher/car/dabutcher_general/DASH.jpg

more pics on www.volvo-power.net (dabutchers car).. has also crash pics.

240_T4R
02-12-2003, 03:55 PM
Hahh!!

"a brick doesent need plastic to look good:"
...that's true, but your car sure as hell wasn't an example of that!!
Excuse me for saying this..but I don't like "raggar 240s" with extralights everywhere...if you do good for you!
I think a 240 looks best without a bunch of plastic, but it has to be in somewhat good shape.
Lowering and rims. The paint must be nice and shiny, and all doors and stuff must be adjusted correctly. All exterior on the car should be 100% nice...hehe. Like the bumpers...they must be black..not sun faded.
That's just my opinion on how to get your 240 to look like a million dollars.

boostdemon
02-13-2003, 01:01 AM
Hahh!!

Excuse me for saying this..but I don't like "raggar 240s" with extralights everywhere...if you do good for you!
I think a 240 looks best without a bunch of plastic, but it has to be in somewhat good shape.
Lowering and rims. The paint must be nice and shiny, and all doors and stuff must be adjusted correctly. All exterior on the car should be 100% nice...hehe. Like the bumpers...they must be black..not sun faded.

uh... dude, take a look at his car again... that is pretty damn near mint condidtion, no body kits, just painted bumpers and blacked out grille...

wheres your pics?

Anonymous
02-13-2003, 05:33 AM
Ok...if that's pretty near mint condition...good for you:)

DaRiceRipper
02-13-2003, 08:28 AM
acutualy i was going to rag on that car to but just didnt feel like being that mean. Seriously that car is pretty rough. it looks clean from a lil bit of a distance on the car. But i think you can tell from the gehtto ass trin work in the car and what appears as cut out tin foil for a brushed alumnuim look on the center console. And all the spiggeti he has laying on his audio wires. lol
Those seats arnt volvo are they cause they look like covers that just dont fit.
And lets also mention the 3 different tones of"woodgrain". Looks like all it needs is a WHOOOOOO WHOOOOOO exuasht tip to comlete it.

Listen not tryin to bang on the car but it just looks cheap. And if your going to jump into a post with some realy trick bricks and start talking about what looks good, you should realy post some clean pics.
"JUST MY OPINION"

240_T4R
02-13-2003, 09:32 AM
[quote:781cfcfcc3="240_T4R"]Hahh!!

uh... dude, take a look at his car again... that is pretty damn near mint condidtion, no body kits, just painted bumpers and blacked out grille...

wheres your pics?[/quote:781cfcfcc3]

Ok...if you think that's mint condition it shouldn't be to hard finding a really cool and nice car for you. I'm not trying to be mean either, but that was no state of the art example of a 240.
Ofcourse...what other people think is of no interesrt to me...and I guess what I think is of no intersert to others, but that's what I think...hehe.

"Where are my pics??"
I can't remember that I've told you my car was in mint condition??
Right now it's pretty shabby actually, but it is going to be stripped and painted(again) ++ this summer.
How do I put pictures in my posts??...do they have to be at a homepage or something like that??

boostdemon
02-13-2003, 01:16 PM
[quote:5e69700dbc]Ok...if you think that's mint condition it shouldn't be to hard finding a really cool and nice car for you. [/quote:5e69700dbc]

I don't see a ding, scratch or dent anywhere on that car. Interior could use a good wipe down, but other then that it is for lack of a better word, "mint"

[quote:5e69700dbc]I'm not trying to be mean either, but that was no state of the art example of a 240.[/quote:5e69700dbc]

He didn't say it was... just a simple fact that in his opinion "a brick doesn't need plastic to look good"

[quote:5e69700dbc]"Where are my pics??"
Right now it's pretty shabby actually, but it is going to be stripped and painted(again) ++ this summer.
How do I put pictures in my posts??...do they have to be at a homepage or something like that??[/quote:5e69700dbc]

never said you had a nice car... it was a rhetorical question

Heres a link to how to post images: http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1144 I'd be curious to check out your 300+rwhp setup (right?) ... probably something for the performance forum, but it would be nice to see what all you've done to it.

240_T4R
02-13-2003, 01:30 PM
[quote:62d2757bb1]Ok...if you think that's mint condition it shouldn't be to hard finding a really cool and nice car for you.

I don't see a ding, scratch or dent anywhere on that car. Interior could use a good wipe down, but other then that it is for lack of a better word, "mint"

[quote:62d2757bb1]I'm not trying to be mean either, but that was no state of the art example of a 240.[/quote:62d2757bb1]

He didn't say it was... just a simple fact that in his opinion "a brick doesn't need plastic to look good"

Yes but there was pictures....well well...enough's enough like Alice Cooper once said so cleverly.

[quote:62d2757bb1]"Where are my pics??"
How do I put pictures in my posts??...do they have to be at a homepage or something like that??[/quote:62d2757bb1]

never said you had a nice car... it was a rhetorical question

Heres a link to how to post images: http://turbovolvo.saliv8.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=1144 I'd be curious to check out your 300+rwhp setup (right?) ... probably something for the performance forum, but it would be nice to see what all you've done to it.[/quote:62d2757bb1]

Ok..thanks.
Yes that is correct..348rwhp to be accurate 8)
I will try to get some photos out on the performance forum.
The engine is being replaced with another engine that's almost finished now by the way..by the summer it should be installed and running.
It's a more powerfull engine..16valve head, bigger turbo and autronic injection and ignition++. Looking forward to this like a little kid :lol:

towerymt
02-14-2003, 02:21 AM
When you guys get a chance, could you make fun of my car too? :P Thanks.

http://turbobricks.saliv8.com/img/gallery/mtowery.jpg

http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/my_eng_exh.jpg

Captain Bondo
02-14-2003, 02:44 AM
I'm sure your car is/will be very fast/nice.
All of our cars are in different stages of development, and we all have different goals- surely you can accept and understand that. So either can the attitude or can yourself.

We don't need all the members being afraid to even post their cars for fear of them not living up to your "standards".

Constructive criticism is great, but try to keep it that.

Besides, we all know I have the most awkward looking, most untastefully modified 240 here..

Anonymous
02-14-2003, 02:22 PM
[quote="CaptainBondo"] .............Constructive criticism is great, but try to keep it that.quote]

Consrtuctive criticism ?????? from Kenny ?????????????????? :barf:

Shoot.

Captain Bondo
02-14-2003, 03:18 PM
If someone is choosing parts that I think may be less than optimal, I say it and explain why. That is contructive in my opinion. It would be moreso if I presented the theory with a velvet glove instead of an iron fist.. i'm working on it. ;) IE "dude that turbo is poorly sized, this is why..."
Pretty different from just basically saying someone's car basically sucks and that is all. I try to stay out of styling arguments largely because of their subjective nature.

See, people take it personally when you argue something simply by presenting the numbers. This is dumb. But an attack on someone's taste and their own personal car IS something to be taken personally, there is a line there.

Maye you should look at some of the more technical, interesting, and long-running threads in the performance forum, and what some of the most commonly debated mods are there, and ask yourself if I'm constructive or not. :roll:

gtlover
02-14-2003, 04:21 PM
[quote:f284e06dbc]When you guys get a chance, could you make fun of my car too? Thanks[/quote:f284e06dbc]

Yeah, Michael, I think the red stripes on the bumper look goofy. You need some new alloys - IMHO the Virgos don't look good in black. And that paint...is that faded beige or dirty white? Oh, and get some better headlights. :wink: :wink:

Mechanically I really can't criticize anything you've done - you've got a nice, clean machine. And that 740 Turbo grille rocks.

NoSloVo
02-14-2003, 04:26 PM
CaptainBondo wrote:

"Maybe you should look at some of the more technical, interesting, and long-running threads in the performance forum, and what some of the most commonly debated mods are there, and ask yourself if I'm constructive or not.
"

Yeah... criticisms ... I ve read really good ones and other times ... well ... I have hung around the board for a few years now , ive seen lots of really knowledgable people come and go ... and seen newbies become experts in no time flat (just go back and look at the archives) , without building a single thing and suddenly offer "constructive criticism?". Ive read several posts where certain people criticize others on poor designs or you should have done this and that to get the swirl to go like what not.. same people talking about how what they are doing is the "best way" ... and argue why .... then be humble by someone like M.A. ... and then actually change there tune 180 degrees after that and somehow make it sound like they new this all along.

I am not saying that you cant learn from what other people are saying ... I just think strong constructive criticisms shouldnt be so strong without some kind of experience to back it up. This is the main reason I dont post much ... everthing I have posted in the past ends up being dumped on somehow. That wont work ... this isnt the way or you paid how much ?? It kinda sucks. I dont know wtf I am talking about either so ............... nevermind. Hopefully some of us will make it out to Cali in April.

-Oskar
[/quote]

Captain Bondo
02-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Well, that's a debate that can go on forever, and has been rolled over many a time. But I do think that you need to look at the current status of both the board, it's posters, and their respective projects, not the archives that, while entertaining, are relatively redundant with regard to this discussion.

I ask questions about the aspects of motor building I don't understand, and made no claim to understand some of that stuff. The majority of arguments I personally have been in of late were regarding things I HAVE done, thanks anyways. And, many times the answer is a matter of math and physics- experience or not. Do people need a disclaimer saying "Also, I did not always know all of this stuff, and i learned it form people with more experience"? WTF? Doesn't that go without saying? Makes no sense to me bro.

If people are hearing more experienced people and are doing a 180, the board is doing it's job. I'm sorry if that makes you bitter or something. People like stealth don't share their info with the hope that nnodody considers changing their perspective, but exactly the opposite.

I agree people end up getting dumped on, and I can be a dumper, so maybe I was the kettle calling the pot black. Is that what you want to hear? Either way he was treating that guy like crap not because he disagreed with his proveable or unproveable engine theory, but simply based on how he styled his car which is pretty weak in my opinion.

[/code]

Dan
02-14-2003, 07:41 PM
me too. Dan242tic

PS Just think how boring it would be around here if Kenny wasn't challenging things. At least he tries and usually is able to back up what he says. For the most part this board is still above the maturity level of most boards I've frequented. Remember just because someone says something don't make it true. :woowoo:

towerymt
02-15-2003, 01:31 AM
Finally, I feel like one of the gang.

...I think the red stripes on the bumper look goofy.
It was really dull and needed color. White, grey, and black were the only "colors" besides the taillights.

[quote:ddee92dc02]You need some new alloys - IMHO the Virgos don't look good in black.[/quote:ddee92dc02]
That's "graphite" :wink: I think I need a color change again.

[quote:ddee92dc02]And that paint...is that faded beige or dirty white?[/quote:ddee92dc02]
Sad to say that's CLEAN paint. It sucks 10 months out of the year, but when the salty winter rolls around, I'm the only one not showing it.

[quote:ddee92dc02]Oh, and get some better headlights. :wink: :wink:[/quote:ddee92dc02]
They're on the way!! Yahoo!!

[quote:ddee92dc02]Mechanically I really can't criticize anything you've done - you've got a nice, clean machine. And that 740 Turbo grille rocks.[/quote:ddee92dc02]
Thanks. A friend of mine liked the idea too, but wanted to do it his own way. By combining the frame of the 240 grille with the center of the 740T grille, he created an even better looking grille, I think.

http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/george_grill3.jpg

http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/george_grill2.jpg

http://www.student.nvcc.vccs.edu/home/mtowery/volvo/240/george_grill1.jpg

gtlover
02-18-2003, 01:25 PM
:werd: Yeah, that grille rocks. I'm tempted to ditch my flathood grille and adapt one of those!

ps what are you doing with your old headlights? I'm looking for a used set to experiment with.

Roguls
02-18-2003, 03:31 PM

You've gotta be kidding; those are the nicest wheels I've seen on a Volvo, period. JP MK 18, I believe 17 x 8.5. That lip is massive and amazing. Why do you think Polaris are so nice? Because of the lip, that's why. Ever see some of the new BMW's w/ the 19's with huge lips? They are simply ridiculously beautiful. If I had a choice of ANY wheel for my Volvo, looks wise I would definitely go with those JP's. They are super rare, only in the nordic countries (maybe not, but it seems that way from what I've seen on the net), and NOT in America. If you had them, you could literally say you had the only set in the country.

P.S. I have Volvo Comets that I run in the 3 nice seasons and I would gladly trade them to anyone for the JP MK's.

SquareD
02-18-2003, 10:53 PM
[quote:5a1c318112]A friend of mine liked the idea too, but wanted to do it his own way. By combining the frame of the 240 grille with the center of the 740T grille, he created an even better looking grille, I think.[/quote:5a1c318112]

That creation almost looks like a 780 grill, looks sharp.

240_T4R
02-19-2003, 07:45 AM
Pssst...if someone posts pictures of a car that has been painted red inside and is far from mint condition on the outside, and he says.."hey you guys..a brick doesn't need plastic to look good"...then he asks for it!
A car that looks "used" and dirty, and where the only mods are red paint and ugly seatcovers doesn't deserve to be "lifted up in the skies" if this is a serious forum.
I could understand it if you were a bunch of pickupdriving rednecks??...are you??

I'm not attacking that guy, and I don't wish to "spit on" him, I'm just telling you my opinion.

I also think that yellow car (gula faran) that started this thread looks like a piece of ****, but that's because I don't like those enormous bodykits on a 240.
I think it looks like someone have tried to rebuild the car, and do it better than Volvos engineers, but without luck. Hideous!
But I cannot do anything but to agree if someone says it's in mint condition...its paint looks good, and all small details are taken care of etc etc. You can see that it has been taken care of, and that someone has put a lot of work down on this car...but I think it's ugly and the styling is far out of control!! Overdone.

Well that's just my opinions.

Oskari
02-19-2003, 11:15 AM
Like Doug says it: "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one, and they all stink".

Hank Scorpio
02-19-2003, 11:34 AM
Like Doug says it: "Opinions are like *******s, everyone has one, and they all stink".

ROFL, damn straight!

700mopareater
02-19-2003, 03:22 PM
All i can say is, that red one looks FUN to drive. Screw overall looks in general, if it's not fun to drive, it's not a car IMHO. Maybe i just love that steering wheel ... 8) ... but wow! Really makes me want to hop in and just drive a few thou. It just looks like so much fun! :love:

volvo240tic
03-04-2003, 03:53 AM
Pssst...if someone posts pictures of a car that has been painted red inside and is far from mint condition on the outside, and he says.."hey you guys..a brick doesn't need plastic to look good"...then he asks for it!
A car that looks "used" and dirty, and where the only mods are red paint and ugly seatcovers doesn't deserve to be "lifted up in the skies" if this is a serious forum.
I could understand it if you were a bunch of pickupdriving rednecks??...are you??

I'm not attacking that guy, and I don't wish to "spit on" him, I'm just telling you my opinion.

I also think that yellow car (gula faran) that started this thread looks like a piece of ****, but that's because I don't like those enormous bodykits on a 240.
I think it looks like someone have tried to rebuild the car, and do it better than Volvos engineers, but without luck. Hideous!
But I cannot do anything but to agree if someone says it's in mint condition...its paint looks good, and all small details are taken care of etc etc. You can see that it has been taken care of, and that someone has put a lot of work down on this car...but I think it's ugly and the styling is far out of control!! Overdone.

Well that's just my opinions.

Thanx alot :D :D
Just kidding..everyone have right to his opinion..
I have built my car as I wanted it.
No one should build a car that others thinks look good....
You should build a car that YOU think looks good. :lol:

Twiggilicious
03-04-2003, 06:12 PM
[quote:ba0bb04d14]I have built my car as I wanted it.
No one should build a car that others thinks look good....
You should build a car that YOU think looks good. :lol[/quote:ba0bb04d14]

:werd:
Amen!!

thedocdm
03-04-2003, 08:39 PM
240tic

how much ground clearance do you have with the plast & son front spoiler? and is your car lowered, how much? i'm thinking about getting the body kit, but i've already lowered my car about 1.5" and i don't want to spend the money only to bash the spoiler off...

thanks!

volvo240tic
03-05-2003, 06:55 PM
240tic

how much ground clearance do you have with the plast & son front spoiler? and is your car lowered, how much? i'm thinking about getting the body kit, but i've already lowered my car about 1.5" and i don't want to spend the money only to bash the spoiler off...

thanks!

My spoilerkit are not from Plast o son.
Its from a company called spoilerkit.com but they dont make spoilers for 240is anymore.
I have lovered my car 6cm in front and 5 cm back.

gtlover
03-06-2003, 12:59 PM
[quote:f090a9936b]I have lowered my car 6cm in front and 5 cm back.[/quote:f090a9936b]

Did you use standard lowering springs, cut springs, or coil-overs? Just curious, the lowest sport springs I've seen are only like a 4.5cm drop.

volvo240tic
03-06-2003, 03:25 PM
The springs are original R-sport but in front i have taken one and a half ( dont know the english word ) lap??? of the spring.
:oops: