• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

ssac success stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 of the headers off ebay,for 100 each.Yes i know the flange is on upside down,they crack and are garbage :blah:.Ive searched the topic and i know there are a few runnning them.Iwill flip the flange and brace it but i wanna see some pics of what you did to yours and how it is holding up.Should i wrap it or just leave it be?

...good luck. if you have the tools to flip the flange you coulda just about covered the materials to build a nice strong ss manifold in the price for those two.

my buddy bought one of their headers for his thunderbird turbo coupe...it seems to be made well. we'll see how it does in the future....hes added one brace already. can't expect much for 170 though..

I bought mine a long time ago. A friend of mine that works as a fabricator re welded the header since it was upside down as always.

I have since then added an external wastegate tube of the collector. I've abused for about a year and a half and is still going strong.

Damn, I really hate threads like this... If you have to create something that has "success stories" in the title you probably already know that they fail a lot, so why would hearing 3 people saying it worked for them change your decision about them at all.

About the flange being upside-down, they intend it to be used as a bottom-mount manifold, so it isn't really upside-down.

volvo_c.jpg

They, seemingly, didn't take the downpipe into account when they designed it and left no room for it. What does that tell you about the quality of the piece as a whole?

If you wanna give it a try, go for it, I hope it works for ya.

If I had another 240 to tear apart, I'd try one and cut a channel in the firewall to make room for the downpipe.

About the flange being upside-down, they intend it to be used as a bottom-mount manifold, so it isn't really upside-down.
Really?

One might presume that they didn't design it around a Locost powered by a Volvo engine, as you've shown. That's a custom vehicle.

The flange needs to be cut off, flipped, and welded back on. The header was not built correctly.

There are probably a dozen of these threads. Why?

Really?

One might presume that they didn't design it around a Locost powered by a Volvo engine, as you've shown. That's a custom vehicle.

The flange needs to be cut off, flipped, and welded back on. The header was not built correctly.

no there a dozen threads about the same 5 people from 2-3 years ago who had theyres fail.there are people who use them now,this wasnt meant to be another lets crap on the ebay mani threads.

well we all appreciate your ambition, but while you are busy reinventing the wheel I will fill you in. I did have one and fell the f apart.
so yes...
I had one.... thought so.
way to start a thread about crap and act like an ass in it.
Dave is a well respected member of this forum and has worked on alot of things here. He tried to help you out and that's what he gets? Come on man.

Really?

That pic is off of their webite... If they didn't design it for the car they are listing it for, then even more reason to avoid it.

Really?

Actually when I emailed them telling them that it was upside down, the nice lady emailed me back that photo and said "no, see somebody's using it".

I threw back an email saying that's definitely not a Volvo chassis, and never heard back again.

Also, OP is a tool, he bought some useless junk, and wants us to ease his conscience about his stupid impulse buy.

I have one never installed. I am watching information to see whom's worked and whom's did not. I am thinking about upside down as intended. I do have Headers by Ed nearby if I do need some suppport in modifying it. Mines seems to be pretty thick.

these things are a pain in the ass, i paid 80 bucks, i'm in the process of flipping and rewelding, the tube locations are off, probably smaller then the ex. ports themselves, unless you're in it for the cheap and dont want a ton of work this will prolly fit the bill, i tried to mount it as intended, prolly would've worked if the turbo scroll were reversed but the chassis interferes in a major way, definately no aftermarket turbo will work.

SO let me get this straight. You asked for success stories (there are none) and obviously opinion because who are you kidding... you posted it online.

You got EXACTLY what you asked for, and now you are unhappy with the results?

There is a reason those threads were "lets crap on eBay manifold" threads. BECAUSE THEY ****ING SUCKED! (See you had your answer all along.)

It isn't rocket science.

Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back