• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Video from Ford 302-powered Volvo 244 at 24 Hours Of LeMons Reno

murileemartin

Thought y'all might enjoy the view from the grille-mounted camera of Team Mustard Yellow Volvo Doing 45 In The Fast Lane's '84 DL at last weekend's 24 Hours Of LeMons race. The car came in 9th out of 101, which was pretty satisfying after finishing 15th and 28th in the previous two races.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYKvdm177jI

I like the 245 that it overtakes around 2 minutes in to the video, racing number to match the car model number but whats with the two wings??? - Mike

I was in Reno and even in Fernley but I had too much to do this time. A wedding and judging a car show were the priorities.
I will be watching the rest of the west coast events until we have the car done for December.

Couple of COOL Z cars in there too....... I'll have to get mine in one of those races... :lol:

Attachments

• img_1553a_198.jpg
    img_1553a_198.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 193
Here are the Volvo's that competed at Reno:

Mustard Yellow Volvo Doing 45 In The Fast Lane
009-97.jpg

Team Can't Am
015-39.jpg

Scandinavian Pricks
031-21.jpg

Bernal Dads Racing
054-245.jpg

(Mike, it's supposed to be a play on the old Lotus 49b, which had two large wings on it.)

Rasta Racers
096-12.jpg

There were also two B210's in the field. :(

yes the v8volvo was a bunch of fun, im clint the head fabricator at evilgenius racing, i helped build the v8volvo and have raced it at thunder hill in dec '08 and again at reno. i got us from 11th to 8th on saturday but a charging issue killed the battery and a wap took us back to 10th.

heres a pic of my "fixing" the fender after a team mate hit a wall with it in december.

BashedV8olvoRepair.jpg

lemons is incredibly fun, at reno i got to drive a yugo, what a pile, 2 laps and i was scared to go on. the vovlo on the other hand is a great car, needs some more tweeking, it has too much brakes for the rear and understeers on right turns but otherwise is one of the fastest cars there

Back