• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

So, I installed a flat hood today, now the hood won't open SOS

mr brick driver

I really am about ready to give up working on cars. I installed a flathood and shut it and now i cant get my hood to open. The car is a 1983 242TI.

have fun. usually it's best to go in from the bottom. Get creative and you can pull that plastic piece out behind the bumper, and move around the the latch stud until it opens. It helps to have some one wiggling the hood as you do it.

Next time, leave the grill off until you know the hood latch works.

have fun. usually it's best to go in from the bottom. Get creative and you can pull that plastic piece out behind the bumper, and move around the the latch stud until it opens. It helps to have some one wiggling the hood as you do it.

Next time, leave the grill off until you know the hood latch works.

The grill is off. I will have to take a look at it again. I was just feeling frusterated I guess. Sounds like their is hope!

The grill is off. I will have to take a look at it again. I was just feeling frusterated I guess. Sounds like their is hope!

Pull the air pickup so you can see it.
First work the gaps at the sides,and then the line up with the front of the fenders.
To line it up loosen the latch-catch bolts,and move it around until you see it line up.

what they said, slide under it, and push the latch towards the drivers side and up... it works better with a second person to open the hood...

keith

what they said, slide under it, and push the latch towards the drivers side and up... it works better with a second person to open the hood...

keith

So, since the grill is off I should just be able to reach under and slide the latch open right?

this is why i like the broken bottom grill tabs mod.

except one time when it fell off after braking. I was driving up a logging road, when I noticed a big ass truck hauling downhill. Luckily there was a wide corner where I could pull off. he stopped and I asked if he was the last truck heading down. Yup. As I was about to pull away he says,

"don't forget dsflajwjf"

I didn't quite hear him, "wat"

"don't forget your grill"

"wat?"

I get out of my car and notice my grill was missing. LoL fawk! then I looked in front and saw it about 8 feet from the front of the car. Then it got ziptied at the top to make sure it didn't fall. Easy to take off without opening the hood, if your hood doesn't open.

But I can't say I've had that problem before.

This is what happens - Not every volvo was supposed to have a flat hood -

Fortunately mine is factory. - hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Back