• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

does anyone have any pictures of a 240 running epsilon wheels, or wheels like them.

odinthewanderer

So, i am wondering if anyone has pics of any 240s, running epsilons on them. I know there is at least one guy, because i saw them in his signature, gold on a blue 240. I could not remember his name though, or find where i saw it.

thanks

Here's mine - 16" x 7" Epsilons with 225/50-16's:

092108291.jpg

Hi, no spacers needed. I never measured the offset. Looking to buy a set?

yea, i am possibly looking to buy a set. i was interested in grandmasideways's wheels, i really would like some bbs e50, or rs, but im sure you guys know how hard they are to find. and on top of that, when found, they cost bundles.
so i was entertaining the idea of the epsilons, who can resist mucho lip.

anywho, i am doing my best to figure out if they will fit my car, with the little info i have on them. if i have to roll the rear lip, that is fine, but i don't really want to do more than that. i want to make sure i can really tuck them up in the fender well, and it just doesn't seem like there is that much room. i have seen things as wide as 8.5 or 9, in the back, but i have no idea of their offset, and what they did to get them in there.

i may end up just trying to find some virgos or hydras to save my money, because i am doing the entire suspension, a t5 swap, brakes, and so on, and already threw tons of money at that. if i go with more common wheels, the price difference, between them and grandmas epsilons is the same as a lsd, which would be nice. then again, the epsilons could look mighty nice tucked up in the fenders.

matthew

I will take measurements for you tomorrow.
They've been relegated to the neighbour's shed, and uh, it's POUNDING rain out here right now, has been the last few days, and thunder, so not much motivation to pull them out.
I'd put them on the 142, except it's pounding rain, and that's a totally different offset on that car.

I will take measurements for you tomorrow.
They've been relegated to the neighbour's shed, and uh, it's POUNDING rain out here right now, has been the last few days, and thunder, so not much motivation to pull them out.
I'd put them on the 142, except it's pounding rain, and that's a totally different offset on that car.

thanks, putting them on the 142 won't really help, but the measurements will.
thanks for your efforts n stuff.

as far as the weather goes, it actually snowed up at state college pa, pretty crazy stuff

7".

To run the 225 width Kumhos, I did have to roll the rear lip - there was a tiny little bit of rubbing. YMMV, depending on tire brand, bushing condition and centering accuracy of the rear axle.

if the 7" wheels called for fender rolling, i do not think an 8 or and 8.5 is going to work, assuming they are the same offset, which they probably are. i may just end up going with something more conventional for now, since i haven't had many posts on my wanted thread. the volvo multi x is alright, and i believe that is a 7" wheel, the early nova, and sirius would also be nice, but i don't see myself stumbling upon any of those that easily either.

these was a set of bbs rs on ebay, for what i thought was a pretty great deal, but they were 8" in the back, and i was hesitant. it did not take them long to go though. Buy it now, for 1,000 with shipping. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...682048&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_1182
for a full polished set, black, or silver, i would probably have impulse bought them anyway, but my car is beige gold, and the gold would "EAKKKKK!!!" clash.

Frankly, I'm just not seeing it...
I mean, here...

17x7.5", with a 49mm offset - 25mm spacer front 32mm rear, making the front offset +24, and the rear +17... 225/45/17, no problems, should have gone with a 225 series. With the 215 it wasn't even CLOSE to rubbing, and I didn't roll the lips.

On my 940, different car but same principle:

16x7.5" with a 205/50/16 right now, formerly a 225/50/16 - again, no issues.

Then there's the BBS LM replicas that R-Sport is offering, which are 18x8 & 18x9 - 18x9 would require significant rolling, but the 18x8 et10 allowed them to still get away with a 235/40/18 series tire with a little rolling.

I guess what I'm getting at is that an extra half inch over either of these I don't think will be the end of the world. I think an 8" rim should be just fine... :e-shrug: However, why are you so adverse to a little bit of fender rolling? It can be done pretty cheaply by most performance shops local to you.

Keep in mind with the epsilons (no idea on the bbs, don't have a set) that you can actually seperate them pull them apart and reassemble them any way you want - either by increasing the offset, or reducing it, just in how you put them back together. I.E., Barrel, lip, center bolted over lip for maximum offset, centre barrel lip for minimum offset, etc...
Or is that the other way around? :-P You get what I'm getting at, this is the beauty of three piece wheels, there's a certain amount of freedom.
Anyway, just my $0.02

Last edited:
16 x 7in BBS's sort of look like epsilon wheels

84 244gl.. had no idea what offset they were, but had to roll the fenders in the rear,, had huge tires on them

DSCN1084.jpg

DSCN1091.jpg

Frankly, I'm just not seeing it...
I mean, here...

17x7.5", with a 49mm offset - 25mm spacer front 32mm rear, making the front offset +24, and the rear +17... 225/45/17, no problems, should have gone with a 225 series. With the 215 it wasn't even CLOSE to rubbing, and I didn't roll the lips.

On my 940, different car but same principle:

16x7.5" with a 205/50/16 right now, formerly a 225/50/16 - again, no issues.

Then there's the BBS LM replicas that R-Sport is offering, which are 18x8 & 18x9 - 18x9 would require significant rolling, but the 18x8 et10 allowed them to still get away with a 235/40/18 series tire with a little rolling.

I guess what I'm getting at is that an extra half inch over either of these I don't think will be the end of the world. I think an 8" rim should be just fine... :e-shrug: However, why are you so adverse to a little bit of fender rolling? It can be done pretty cheaply by most performance shops local to you.

Keep in mind with the epsilons (no idea on the bbs, don't have a set) that you can actually seperate them pull them apart and reassemble them any way you want - either by increasing the offset, or reducing it, just in how you put them back together. I.E., Barrel, lip, center bolted over lip for maximum offset, centre barrel lip for minimum offset, etc...
Or is that the other way around? :-P You get what I'm getting at, this is the beauty of three piece wheels, there's a certain amount of freedom.
Anyway, just my $0.02

wait just a moment here, i never said i had a problem with rolling fenders, :cool:. the fact that if it has be rolled with the 7 inch wheels, makes me a little worried about the 8 inchers because the inner fender bead cannot be more than an inch (i will check for sure tommorow) and the fender tapers in from there. i don't want chew the lips up ever time i go into a corner.
sorry to be so nit picky, i just want to be sure they fit, and how they fit.

as far as swapping the the lips around, i understand where you are going with that, but it doesn't look like you can mount the barrel and the lip on the front of the center section on those particular wheels, because the front of the center section is not machined flat like the back should be. on top of that i don't think flipping them around as if i am riding on some bosozoku trashcan rims is going to keep them from being mashed into the fender:rofl:, and new lips are $$$.
hmmm, i do love me some bosozoku though.:oogle:

anywho, i still love the wheels, and want them, i just want to be more sure on the fitment.

mmmm still want

maybe I get off my lazy ass tomorrow rather than talking to my GF half a world away all day? :p
lol i miss her, sorry.
So, sell 142, grab wheels from neighbour's shed (awesome neighbour has an austin healy and is cool with me stashing parts there!) and then take photos.
I still have your pm up, I'll try and get everything for both front and rear wheels.

maybe I get off my lazy ass tomorrow rather than talking to my GF half a world away all day? :p
lol i miss her, sorry.
So, sell 142, grab wheels from neighbour's shed (awesome neighbour has an austin healy and is cool with me stashing parts there!) and then take photos.
I still have your pm up, I'll try and get everything for both front and rear wheels.

i did the long distance thing for 5 years, NO FUN! but it was worth it in the end.

thanks, i look forward to the info.

hmm, the wheels may end up looking a bit like this in the fenders
second pic down http://nanafc3c.a-thera.jp/article/1289443.html
thats a good thing, that skyline is sick, but i dono about that sort of fit for a dd
those sakura wheels under it are also:drool:

oh, you have no idea how tempted i am to just try them, BUT I AM JUST TOO FUSSY!!!

we both post way too late at night. that is for certain.

one other thing i thought of to measure is the depth of the stud holes, so i know if i need to do something about that or not. i had seen problems on here with the ferrari bbs wheels, but those are bbs not epsilons. sorry i have you running around.

Back