• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Show me OEM 240 Fogs...

photo2.jpg

photo.jpg

Picture1967.jpg

See .sig. OEM Volvo Bosch Pilot fog lamp assemblies with amber lenses, and Volvo 242GT Bosch Touring assemblies with driving lamp lenses installed.

-J

See .sig. OEM Volvo Bosch Pilot fog lamp assemblies with amber lenses, and Volvo 242GT Bosch Touring assemblies with driving lamp lenses installed.

-J

clean!

yeah, gonna have to mount mine inboard, like on your 245 cuz I don't wanna block the inlets on the GT air dam.

You'll probably want to drill some holes farther forward to mount the fogs. With the stock holes, the GT spoiler gets deformed a little if you wind up using the Pilot version of the Bosch fogs. With the Touring version, the housings don't have the bolts sticking out of the back for the brackets, so they don't deform the spoiler. That's one reason why I switched back to the 1980-82 style spoiler on my car. Wanted to run the Pilot lamps, since I had ok lenses for them, and not for the Touring lamps. The other reason was that the later spoiler actually is functional, in that it does provide a little downforce, which the earlier one doesn't.

-J

The first set of fogs...aftermarket Bosch. They sat too low and were constantly hammered into the ground on driveways and dips in the road.

242t%20Fig%20Mtn03.JPG

The second set, oem fogs, mounted more outboard and about 1/2 inch higher. These would still hit on steep driveways if I wasn't careful.

242TRBO%2029.JPG

Only post #2 has the fogs mounted in the proper location per Volvo accessory installation kit instructions. For '90-up the mounting holes are the same as the outboard air dam mount holes, just need to open them with a 12mm drill. Other years need the holes drilled there.The instructions also detail where to drill the hole for the wire harness through-hole.
LakeTravis6_08_640.jpg

Back