PDA

View Full Version : Late 245 interior into early 245

mr brick driver
03-06-2011, 03:04 AM
I decdied that I wanted to improve the worn out interior of my 1982 245 Turbo. I bought a late model interior from Roy last weekend and put most of it in this weekend.

As you can see I still have a few details to take care of, better pictures will come then. Here is my progress up until this point.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mrbrickdriver/DSC01697.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y206/mrbrickdriver/DSC01696.jpg

I thought I had a picture of the front seats, but I guess I don't. It's nice driving the car not sitting on the seat frame. I thought that it was kind of funny that Volvo changed the design of the seat latch pins as it's still the same idea. It seems like they could have spend the same engenering money and redesigned the tailgate wireing. LOL.

Blue245Ti
03-06-2011, 06:48 AM
Not bad. You do need to see if you can get the blue C-pillar covers off of the parts car that Roy has. Will be an improvement, interior-wise, especially since you do have the speakers on the door panels, so you don't need the ones on the side panels.

Will be installing the rear seat carpeting from an '89 245DL in my '85, along with the c-pillar covers from the same wagon this coming week. Gotta replace the alternator first, though. Got an 80 amp Denso from a '92 745 non-turbo going into the car.

-J

mr brick driver
03-06-2011, 01:23 PM
Interesting idea on the c-pillar cover. Is it just a cover, or is their insulation behind it?

Blue245Ti
03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
No insulation, only a cover, but it does modernize the interior a bit more... I think it was originally installed in the 1988 model year.

-J

IBGPN
03-07-2011, 12:07 AM
nick, i have those rear sail panels without speakers in tan if you want them. you would have to recover them of course but it would be easy. just let me know and i will send them out.

olov
03-07-2011, 12:11 AM
yeah, i put an early 90's interior in my 83. i still need to do something to the rear seat, and i want to change the seatbelt/center console to the later style with the cubby hole and separate belt holders(not to mention all the odds and end trim pieces i forgot to get)