PDA

View Full Version : Back in a Volvo

Aussie Volvo
04-12-2011, 04:36 AM
Hi All

I have bought a Volvo still got to get it home

Here are some details on the car. It a 82 244GL It is a one owner car with 53000 km on it. The previous owner handed her lience in at 85 years old. The grandson used it for a while untill he went overseas to work. The car sat under the grandmother house for 6 years untill she past away the grandson put it up for sale and this is where I came into the pic

Here is some pics from the grandson took
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqQOKo8E1qvCdOswBNk9MTZBJ!~~_3.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqMOKkEE1vjFW+JIBNk9MGtCuQ~~_3.JPG
http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqIOKpcE19IhCD6MBNk9MGS4fw~~_3.JPG

The car is in very good condition. The interior is in showroom condition. The rear of the car has some very light surface rust around the rear window and in the rain gutters from sitting in the garage 300m from the coast

Anyway plans once I get it home is
Deal with the surface rust
Change All the fluids
Clean the fuel system
recon the brakes
and anything else that need doing
Maybe fit my Gemini wheels

After that I don't if I should modify it or leave it standard

rom
04-12-2011, 07:57 AM
look at those venetian blinds. you should modify those out.

slow240
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
i love the blinds in the rear,
baller as hell!!!!

professor245
04-12-2011, 11:43 AM
Gemini +1000! Then loose the blinds, makes car look cheaper. Dismantle the headlights and clean them, gonna make front end really pop, also you can go for white turn signal lenses, they do look nice.
I would go with 6-panel tails to make back end more modern and curved trunk lid from 90+ if you can find it in J/Y.
I highly recommend ATE racing blue DOT4 for brake fluid change, I use it and the response is immediate and they have 50C higher boiling point, so driving and hard braking in land-down-under heat wont be a problem:)
I believe your car has solid rotors in front, I would go for vented ones (Brembo works great for me and the price is ok) with ATE pads, you will need to change the calipers to wider ones for vented rotors.
Go with bigger exhaust, 2,25 or 2,5'' let the car breathe-
Do the cam swap, worked wonders for me, I don't know what engine you got in it, but I recommend A cam, B, and surely Vcam...for DD
For later I would recommend front 850 seats , they are easy to modify and fit in 240 awesome, also big improvement in ride quality.
Then handling, do the GT firewall to strut braces, huge improvement....

Aussie Volvo
04-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Gemini +1000!

I would go with 6-panel tails to make back end more modern and curved trunk lid from 90+ if you can find it in J/Y.

I believe your car has solid rotors in front, I would go for vented ones (Brembo works great for me and the price is ok) with ATE pads, you will need to change the calipers to wider ones for vented rotors.
Go with bigger exhaust, 2,25 or 2,5'' let the car breathe-
Do the cam swap, worked wonders for me, I don't know what engine you got in it, but I recommend A cam, B, and surely Vcam...for DD
For later I would recommend front 850 seats , they are easy to modify and fit in 240 awesome, also big improvement in ride quality.
Then handling, do the GT firewall to strut braces, huge improvement....

I was thinking about 6 panel tails. I have a VX3 cam at home(the cam that came in the late B230fb/fx. I should have vented discs. Seeing as it got a B23 in it.

Australian car have GT firewall to strut braces standard on all models

The rear blind will be going into my 71 164 resto project

Any way when I get it home this weekend I will get to find all these thing out

Ansel+
04-12-2011, 10:12 PM
nice find!

ovlover
04-12-2011, 11:22 PM
Leave it stock outside. Clean it up. Change aspiration. Sleeper. Nothing flash, just enough to annoy people. Good find!

sandrock740
04-12-2011, 11:28 PM
nice find :)