PDA

View Full Version : seat brackets for my Sparcos

volvoshredder
10-26-2004, 09:07 PM
A while ago I bought some spanking new Sparco Speeds to put in my '79 245. While I love the seats, my mounting system sucks.

What does everybody use for mounting aftermarket seats? I made my own brackets to mount my Sparcos to the stock Volvo rails, but I doubt my abilities to make a good bracket, and I doubt their strength. Does Sparco make brackets? Or does anybody have a good design that has worked? Better yet, does anyone sell good brackets? I haven't been able to find any info anywhere.

Thanks,
vshredder

blkaplan
10-26-2004, 09:27 PM
sparco universal brackets work great....

i use them on my 84 242. i had on enlarge the holes slightly with a dremel to get it to fit perfect and they bolt very nicely to the volvo seat sliders

towerymt
10-27-2004, 03:24 AM
I'm using a Momo side mount seat with Momo universal side mount brackets. I had to drill new holes where the bracket bolts to the slider, but that was easy. I have an '87 244.

OMP universal side mount brackets work too (with Sparco). And the Sparco brackets obviously work.

volvoshredder
10-28-2004, 05:51 PM
The Speeds are bottom mounted, so I'll try out the Sparco Universal bases to see how those work. Thanks for your help you guys.
VS

Hank Scorpio
10-28-2004, 05:53 PM
I'm using a Momo side mount seat with Momo universal side mount brackets. I had to drill new holes where the bracket bolts to the slider, but that was easy. I have an '87 244.

OMP universal side mount brackets work too (with Sparco). And the Sparco brackets obviously work.

Mike you have a picture? My new (possibly) seats will be mounted that way.

towerymt
10-28-2004, 09:24 PM
Mike you have a picture? My new (possibly) seats will be mounted that way.

Picture of the bracket? No. I have a picture of it in the car. Just bolt the brackets to the seat, position the slider, mark where the holes need to be, and drill. Helps if you can get it all square so the seat slides back and forth easily. If the front is wider/narrower than the rear, the tracks won't slide as well. Mine still works, but it could be a little better. If I pull the seat during winter, I'll take pics and enlarge the holes with my Dremel, which I didn't own when drilling the brackets.

Hank Scorpio
10-28-2004, 10:24 PM
PM me that... I'd still like to see where in general you have it mounted.