PDA

View Full Version : yay for big injectors and LH 2.4

thelostartof
10-27-2004, 01:23 AM
well got bored today and threw in those junkyard '403' injectors today. wow fun

again LH 2.4 idles fine on these ... cruise and idle a/f's show perfect(.40-.60V) ... cruise is perfect .... w0t they richen up quick and i've seen as high as .94V on them ... way back when i would get .95V and start to smoke black smoke but so far these have yet to hit that mark. i do feel a little lag/bog from running rich but it still pulls harder

also the fact that i'm now running 15psi on pump gas w/o knock were as w/ the BT's i'd get knock around 11psi(calis 91 oct baby)

here's some vids of my lumpy idle thanks to the V15 and these uncleaned injectors(also note in the first one i'm stepping on the brake pedal to try to get it to sound lumpy

all in all i love injectors and LH sure is fun ... the 960AMM comes in tomorrow and once i get it setup we can see what she can do w/o race gas if it doesn't rain

here's injectors in motor(took all 5 mins to install so those who bitch about CFI's being hard to install can go to hell as these are all old used orings and no leaks... easy as hell)
http://www.hardcars.com/thepriestmike/sIMG_0090.jpg

video #1 sitting in the jack in the box drive through

http://www.hardcars.com/thepriestmike/MVI_0088.AVI

sitting in the garage
http://www.hardcars.com/thepriestmike/MVI_0089.AVI

so according to http://wwwrsphysse.anu.edu.au/~amh110/Technical_pages/bosch_403_fuel_injector.htm and mr. P Bradley these things flow 59lb/hr @ 3bar ... and LH 2.4 runs these like nothing ... i don't know how but it does ... once i get my V band cat setup and exhaust welded up(clamped for now) i'm taking the car to a 5gas machine(smog shop) and prove that i can pass cali smog w/ this setup ... now if i can just pull 13's w/ the same setup

linuxman51
10-27-2004, 01:25 AM
you're such a heeb.

thelostartof
10-27-2004, 01:31 AM
you're such a heeb.

@ least i have a running turbo car

so give it a few weeks and i'll figure out how to fit those 1000cc station injectors in this manifold and rail and throw them in and be posting here how LH 2.4 can idle and cruise on them .. and how when i get into boost it just bogs and dies haha

DeathWagon
10-27-2004, 01:44 AM
ouch !!!!
thats gotta hurt

760T man
10-27-2004, 01:46 AM

so give it a few weeks and i'll figure out how to fit those 1000cc station injectors in this manifold and rail and throw them in and be posting here how LH 2.4 can idle and cruise on them .. and how when i get into boost it just bogs and dies haha

can anybody say 19t @ 25psi?

:-P

tequila_gundam_no_chaser
10-27-2004, 02:16 AM
booya!

linuxman51
10-27-2004, 02:24 AM

I have 2.5, and if you add the number of running cylinders and divide by chassis, i've got 3. ((2 that run and drive tho, the third would require 15x more atf than gas to make it around the block)

thelostartof
10-27-2004, 02:35 AM
mmhmmm yea yea whatever

and yea i still don't understand those saying how LH 2.4 runs bad on brown tops as these are huge ass dirty injectors and my bitch ass car runs fine haha ... (cheap shot but eh it makes no sense not to)

shaved240
10-27-2004, 02:44 AM
Mike are those the supra injectors?

760T man
10-27-2004, 02:52 AM
mmhmmm yea yea whatever

and yea i still don't understand those saying how LH 2.4 runs bad on brown tops as these are huge ass dirty injectors and my bitch ass car runs fine haha ... (cheap shot but eh it makes no sense not to)
face it, you're just lucky & LH 2.4 really sucks ass. :-P

:jk:

740Turbo92Wagon
10-27-2004, 04:23 AM
*checks mailbox for his CFIs and other junk*

I WANNA PLAY :twisted:

also, go ahead and send me a bill for 2 more rear main seals, i figure if your plans go accordingly with the wife and kiddo i need to stock up on some parts beforehand, how things go w/ that piece that i was talking to you about? any luck w/ your local fellas or do i need to do it in house?

740Weapon
10-27-2004, 10:02 AM
good work. now give it like 20 psi boost. i have some "00" cfis sitting at my house but im affraid to throw them in till spring due to head gasket wierdness.

thelostartof
10-27-2004, 02:32 PM
face it, you're just lucky & LH 2.4 really sucks ass. :-P

:jk:

that may be true but eh ... so driving around today ... i get a little bog/miss in the higer rpms from running rich .. nothign to bad .. gives a nice back talk when ya let off ... sounds good but its just way to much fuel .. gonna try a 2.5 bar FPR and see if that cleans them up a litte

volvo9
10-27-2004, 02:48 PM
man, you've got some good luck with 2.4. Me, I hate it and can't wait to get rid of it and go MS.