PDA

View Full Version : Oct-24 Sacramento Autox-Enduro

nohbudi
10-27-2004, 05:13 PM
Last saturday and sunday I went to the local Enduro. Saturday the weather was crap. Alot of us had a good time drifting in the rain. Sunday came and it was still wet, but there was hope since it wasnt supposed to rain, and the sun was supposed to come out. My sister had to run in the first run group, so she dealt with the wet surface. I however was in the 3rd rungroup, and i thank the rest of the cars for drying off the asphalt for me.

http://www.norcalcontrols.com/volvo/242Project/Nohbudi-Autox-Enduro.mpg

thats what it looks like when you autox with stock sachs blue shocks and cut springs.

here is my sister running with her 85 245DL

http://www.norcalcontrols.com/volvo/242Project/Hera-Autox-Enduro.mpg

stylngle2003
10-27-2004, 05:33 PM
haha mc chris, fett's vette, classic song

nice driving tho

nohbudi
10-27-2004, 05:43 PM
haha mc chris, fett's vette, classic song

nice driving tho
thanks i forgot to mention that i took first in my class, and even with 2 near-DNFs and 2 cones i still was faster than Norcal745ti's ex-GF. Ive got the trophy to prove it.

vurbo
10-27-2004, 07:15 PM
damn that's a long autoX! goiod job

))<>((
10-27-2004, 08:55 PM
Last saturday and sunday I went to the local Enduro. Saturday the weather was crap. Alot of us had a good time drifting in the rain. Sunday came and it was still wet, but there was hope since it wasnt supposed to rain, and the sun was supposed to come out. My sister had to run in the first run group, so she dealt with the wet surface. I however was in the 3rd rungroup, and i thank the rest of the cars for drying off the asphalt for me.

http://www.norcalcontrols.com/volvo/242Project/Nohbudi-Autox-Enduro.mpg

thats what it looks like when you autox with stock sachs blue shocks and cut springs.

later on i will post the video of my sister running in her 85 245.

wheres the video of your sister autoxing?

towerymt
10-28-2004, 12:39 AM
Makes me thankful for the great lot and course design we have in the DC region. That course looks very restrictive. Cones lining the sides of the "racing line" aren't really necessary. If you have a series of gates seperated by 20-30 yards of open space, people get creative with the racing line. Also makes spins very possible w/o going off course or hitting a cone. And drifting is an option too, whether intentional or not, w/o ruining a run.

I'm driving a small course on sunday, and it will be a drastic change from what I'm used to. Good thing my tires are already dead!

Hera765
10-28-2004, 12:57 AM
yah thats me... i got first in my class too with thats run but uhmm i was the only one in it but still!!

))<>((
10-28-2004, 03:08 AM
yah thats me... i got first in my class too with thats run but uhmm i was the only one in it but still!!

I thought you didnt like volvos or something :-P

klr142
10-28-2004, 04:46 AM

Lol, one bumpstop to the other... :-P Looks like fun! I wanna play too... Those Volvos sure are low... What size tires are you running?(I can tell they're smaller than they should be... :-D ) You cut your sister's springs too?

nohbudi
10-28-2004, 12:38 PM
Lol, one bumpstop to the other... :-P Looks like fun! I wanna play too... Those Volvos sure are low... What size tires are you running?(I can tell they're smaller than they should be... :-D ) You cut your sister's springs too?
crappy bumpstops...... crappy shocks in general.....

205-50-15 azenis sports

yep, but with new shocks all around, new bushings.. all kinds of new stuff, it works more to her advantaged than it does mine...

klr142
10-28-2004, 10:08 PM
yep, but with new shocks all around, new bushings.. all kinds of new stuff, it works more to her advantaged than it does mine...

:lol: No wonder they were teasing you saying that she might beat her brother... Good times :-D