PDA

View Full Version : Wiring for my a/f gauge in my 1994 944

Turbo944
10-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Hey Im new to the forum and Im currently modifying my car mentioned in the subject line. I've put in a cold air intake and am getting a 2.5'' turbo back exhaust installed today!
Anyway to the point:
I've partially installed my boost gauge, all I need to know is where should i tap in for POWER (Is the fuse box a good idea) and GROUND.

AND Now The question for my A/F:
I'm curious as to where I should tap into read on my gauge (the e.cu. or straight from the o2 sensor somehow?) Is there any suggestions for me? Any help would be appreciated! Posting, or private messages will be appreciated!

SquareD
10-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Follow the wires up from the O2 sensor, the bundle should split off to two (usually white) wires which are power and ground, and a third different colored wire which is the signal wire (mine was black). This third wire should go to a thicker green wire and that heads to the ECU. Just take a tap splice and splice it into the signal wire BEFORE it goes to the green wire. Hope this helps.

Do a search if you need more help, I'm sure there's plenty of other info on the site about this topic.

medfurd
10-27-2004, 04:58 PM
I also need to know where to put the ground for my A/F gauge, b/c the instructions specifically say to attach it directly to the (-) terminal of the battery, not the body. :???:

Turbo944, for your boost gauge, take off the driver's side footwell panel, which you've probably already done. Then on the side of the car, just forward of the door, at the bottom, there should be a little metal plate with prongs sticking out of it. I used this for the ground, but test it with your gauge light before you wire it completely in to make sure it works. For power, I used the one from my old security system, so I don't know what to tell ya. Many people will say to use the headlight switch, but mine didn't have any extra contacts on it. Good luck :D

Turbo944
10-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks guys , that was really helpful.
I have yet another question:
What is the best way to take off the interior paneling on the A-pillar? It seems like its about ready to snap whenever I work with it. I'm just curious which way would be a good way to go about it. Thanks.

Turbo944
11-10-2004, 03:23 AM
I wired my A/F gauge and the "CHECK ENGINE" light is on. Is this because I tapped into the wires? My DSM friend told me it works to unplug the battery for a while for it to clear. Is there another way this can be fixed

SquareD
11-10-2004, 06:06 PM
I wired my A/F gauge and the "CHECK ENGINE" light is on. Is this because I tapped into the wires? My DSM friend told me it works to unplug the battery for a while for it to clear. Is there another way this can be fixed

Yeah, I'd try resetting the ecu, you might have just tripped something when you were grounding the a/f meter. Try that and report back. If it's still on after that, run up to Autozone or something and see what codes it's throwing.

Turbo944
11-12-2004, 03:13 AM
whats the best way to reset the ecu? And I dont have an autozone close by...there is a Shucks and Napa but I dont know if the can diagnose...

stylngle2003
11-12-2004, 03:21 AM
i think you can do it by just disconnecting the battery and letting it sit for a like 15 minutes....i tried searching but didnt come up with much of help

the poi
11-12-2004, 12:23 PM
theres a diagnostic socket under the hood. read the www.brickboard.com faq and find the code-clear procedure

Turbo944
11-12-2004, 08:12 PM
thanks guys I'll try those--the battery first, and if need be the diagnostic procedure

Magnum TE
11-13-2004, 02:17 AM
whats the best way to reset the ecu? And I dont have an autozone close by...there is a Shucks and Napa but I dont know if the can diagnose...

disconnect the batery, push the brake petal, and turn the key to the start position. replace the battery lead. Its either the brake petal, or the key, do both to be sure.

I have had to reset my LH countless times programming the afc. No need to wait 15min.

Don't forget your radio code... i can do mine with my eyes closed.

Turbo944
11-14-2004, 08:41 PM
Don't forget your radio code... i can do mine with my eyes closed.

I don't have my stock radio in there, I have an aftermarket deck. This wont be a problem will it?

Turbo944
11-27-2004, 04:31 PM
Alright, I got rid of the Check Engine warning light. Thanks for the help!
All I did was the following:
1. Disconnected only one terminal
2. Pushed the brake pedal
3. Turned the key to the start position as instructed
4. Re-connected the terminal
5. Started my car and sighed as the warning light was no longer illuminated on my dash!
(It took maybe 1 minute to do)
Thanks guys!

Turbo944
12-03-2004, 03:17 AM
There doesnt happen to be a dual guage pod mounted on the A-pillar designed for are cars is there? I currently have the Supra one, and am not particularly pleased...

SquareD
12-03-2004, 11:46 AM
Supposedly early 1990's ford F150 truck pods will work on 7/9 cars. Try a search for more info.