• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Volvo karaoke option?

tjts1

I ran across this little item while scavenging for random 240 bits. It came out of an 82 wagon. The whole bit cost me $1 so I just had to have it. Does anybody have any information about wiring this little puppy. I noticed the radio in the car had a "mic" button. Did this radio also record tapes?
gagaa.jpg

I snatched the plug along with the mic.
googoo.jpg

Genuine Volvo baby.
moneyshot.jpg

Money shot. Any information would be apreciated.

Last edited:
I'd bet it's a mic for a volvo CB radio......not sure if they made one but wouldn't be surprised if they did. CB's (Citizen Band radio) were the "new hotness" in the '70's and most every car made it was an option. I'll bet some of the "older" members might remember what it is for sure? Tim

yea there was a factory option CD radio in the 70s. There was an article in vcoa last year about all the 15 or so options on volvo radios.

Not a CB mic. CB's have to be PTT (push to talk) and cannot be switched like that. This is a mic for a regular tape recorder. Probabaly a factory radio/tape deck that had a record capability.

In my '82 DL it had the same setup with the mic, and yes I do recall a button on the tape deck for "rec" aka record...the tape deck never worked so couldn't try it...thought it was damn cool at the time...

Lazze S

Late 70s stereo for 240/260 that could record sound via this microphone. Had one in my 73 142. Sadly it recorded over writeprotected audiotapes. Out of stock since early 80s. It only fits Volvo-stereos that had the red record-button. Worked as a voicerecorder when you could not write when driving. Lately many has turned up on markets when Volvo has been cleaning out old parts for 240.

Best regards

Lazze S
jkh774f@tninet.se

Back