• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

240 US and Euro front

Ollu

Hey there!

I have a problem.

I had a thought that it would be cool to change my front end like this
0994663772b8f7.jpg

For this for a while.
242dl-2004.jpg

And the problem is that I realised that front wings are different due corner lights. But I dont want to change front wings, cuz It would be good if I can change my front end easily if I get bored from one.

Have anyone done this swap thisway? That there is euro style cornerlights and Usa headlights and grill? Any pictures, is it possible without big modification?

Ollu

Maybe if you use the U.S. bezel without the reflector which has the black plastic ribs. And then trim the bottom so its the same height as the euro lights and then fab some way of attaching the top chrome trim from the euro light, it might not look completely horrible. But this might fall under "big modification" and its probably not going to look that good.

Yea thats what I was thinking about. Is it yours?

It doesent look that bad. Actually its pretty badass imo.

I wonder what modifications he had to do.

Last edited:
IIRC it involved making only a couple of little things
- brackets to bolt to the tabs where the fender and front valence piece join - onto these the corners connect by sliding on - if you look at the 86+ headlights you'll see how the corner is held on - I just made a piece for each side out of metal - that bolted to the body and provided a set of channels for the plastic bits on the corners to attach to.
- something for the headlight units to bolt to - I just welded some bits of metal on and drilled holes
- cuts in the lower lip of the front end there ... just at the base of the headlights ... for the tabs on the plastic surrounds to slip into

If you get the old bits in front of you and you'll see how it fits together - I liked it a lot, though at this point I've come to better appreciate the single rounds with the later bumper and a flat hood ... tastes change I guess :)

Last edited:
afaik you can run a flathood and old style headlight setup on 86+ fenders, only thing to note is the cowl is different so that'll look strange but you can't help that anyway.

Yeah, the cowl issue is what i meant.
The front reminds me more of a Chrysler than the Grand National.

Last edited:
Back