11-04-2004, 07:18 PM
XC90
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Volvo_News/article_375.html

V50
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Volvo_News/article_376.html

New S40
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/publish/Volvo_News/article_377.html

edit:
thanks stylngle2003 for pointing out that only the S40 is made by Evolvo, the rest are made by Volvo

MikeHardy
11-04-2004, 07:22 PM
XC90 is nice. S40 looks stupid :roll:

DurableSwedish
11-04-2004, 07:26 PM
:eek:

the poi
11-04-2004, 07:26 PM
oh good god:
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/volvo/010__scaled_600_004.jpg
:eek:

tjts1
11-04-2004, 07:48 PM
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/volvo/010__scaled_600_004.jpg

That is so UGLY!

own6volvos
11-04-2004, 08:00 PM
I think they all look great :twisted:

dl242gt
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
They look OK. I think the SUV is supposed to look very belligerent and agressive. The cars are good looking imo. But where are the engine pictures? I mean especially after the 500hp scandal last time. They are even claiming 500hp again and I see no pictures of the POWER.

Maybe some other person or site has some pics?

Ajax5678
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
The V50 MIxed feelings for :???:

The S40 HUbba HUbba :hitit: :omg: :volvo:

And I just want The XC90's engine who could go wrong with 650hp, But that would surprise those Porsche Turbo Cayenne owners.

Volvo740Ti
11-04-2004, 08:19 PM
We all know 5 cylinders with exhaust sound like all kinds of sex, but imagine them pumping 400+ HP, that S40 must haul serious ass

MoWGLi
11-04-2004, 08:36 PM
The XC90 looks aggressive as hell! But does anyone else think the S40 looks kinda like an modded EVO8? the body lines and ****.

grebnut
11-04-2004, 08:37 PM
that s40 is SICK! i like all that i saw of the street cars. thanks for sharing! later,

ben

Boosted2003
11-04-2004, 08:40 PM
We all know 5 cylinders with exhaust sound like all kinds of sex, but imagine them pumping 400+ HP, that S40 must haul serious ass
yeah

MikeHardy
11-04-2004, 08:41 PM
common that S40 is so fake performance. everyone know's it's FWD so why the massive rear rubber. thats just to appeal to the RWD drive performance imagery.

Volvo4Life
11-04-2004, 08:44 PM
common that S40 is so fake performance. everyone know's it's FWD so why the massive rear rubber. thats just to appeal to the RWD drive performance imagery.

i heard 2005 model's are supposed to have halidex..

tjts1
11-04-2004, 08:45 PM
They look OK. I think the SUV is supposed to look very belligerent and agressive. The cars are good looking imo. But where are the engine pictures? I mean especially after the 500hp scandal last time. They are even claiming 500hp again and I see no pictures of the POWER.

What was the 500hp scandal?

thespian666
11-04-2004, 08:49 PM

Can't you order a stock T-5 S40 with AWD? Not saying that's what SEMA did (ie. the Halidex controlled V50) but it's possible right?

Marvelous3
11-04-2004, 09:06 PM

You can now order them T5, 6 speed manual, AWD...Volvo is not what it use to be so get ready for some seriously scary fast cars with real platforms to build on. This FWD stuff is going away and AWD is coming on strong.

stylngle2003
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
its not evolve doing the work...its concepts made by VCNA, the XC90 is built by Aria Group, the V50 is a concept just built by volvo looks like, and th s40 is actually built by evolve

personally, i like the look of the XC all around...the v50 i dont like the hood, and the s40 i dont like the wheels in the rear..i know lip is in, but when it makes you have retarded neg. camber it looks dumb imo. the hood on the s40 is cool tho

and um...340hp in the v50 is believable, but 550 from the s40 :roll: ...hmm, looks like a 550hp scandal this time

dl242gt
11-04-2004, 09:38 PM
What was the 500hp scandal?
The last set of show cars the press or Evolve made it seem like the cars were tuned to 500hp. When in reality they had some tuning but it wasn't that much. I think they had around 300hp. That's no slouch either but, someone was pumping up the tuning of their cars when they first showed them at SEMA a year or so ago.

Hank Scorpio
11-04-2004, 09:39 PM
Like I said on SS:

Lets see, going by Evolve's history,
1. The cars are stock
2. If they made 450hp, they would need
a. Internals
b. A bigger turbo
c. Because the turbo is integrated to the manifold
i. a miracle
ii. A custom header
3. The s40 looks photochopped

blah blah blah evolve blah blah

the poi
11-04-2004, 09:42 PM
Just to clarify: the XC90 and the V50 were built by Volvo's in house Gothenburg performance division. The s40 however was built by Evolve.

edit:// oh, my opinion is important so ill share it: those wheels are too big for that s40. i cant imagine the braking traction can justify that , er, "kmr^2".

Hank Scorpio
11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
The last set of show cars the press or Evolve made it seem like the cars were tuned to 500hp. When in reality they had some tuning but it wasn't that much. I think they had around 300hp. That's no slouch either but, someone was pumping up the tuning of their cars when they first showed them at SEMA a year or so ago.

The red one dyno'd less than stock ;)

I saw the silver s40 that evolve "has" at SpeedGT 3 weeks ago. It was stock looking. ;-)

heres some more insight: The "dual caliper brakes" on their blue car? Rumor had it that the second caliper wasn't even hooked up. hehehe

the poi
11-04-2004, 10:20 PM
The red one dyno'd less than stock ;)
you serious? hows that even possible?

Hank Scorpio
11-04-2004, 10:32 PM
dead serious.

Marvelous3
11-04-2004, 10:44 PM
From everything I've seen so far, Evolve is a lot of hype with not much to really show for. Yes they do make some pretty nice looking body kits and have cars with pretty colors. But as far as having actual dyno proven performance cars I've yet to see any.

The double calipar brakes were the biggest sham. They put to tiny ass calipars on a big ass rotar and think that gives you better braking power? Side by side pictures of the two calipars and a traditional big brake upgrade and the big brake upgrade dwarfs both of the evolve calipars.

The stock bottom end on the new T5's should only really be good for like 350hp. 550 is a gross overestimate in my oppinion and Evolve does nothing but hurt their credibility by making such high hp claims and then not delivering.

resa850
11-04-2004, 10:45 PM
thats why you should expect to see something fresh built by yours truely in a combined effort w/ a few companies and VERIFIED results for SEMA 05.

Doug ;-)

Chigga 744SE
11-04-2004, 10:52 PM
XC90= ugly, why do you need a fast soccer mom mobile? soccer moms already can't drive, don't hand them something that can roll over even faster

V50= rice, looks like a Cavy w/those fake ram air hood with Nebula rims.

S40= so Euro it hurts, I love the look, but think they are bunch of BS for the power claim

after all= I would not buy any of them, if I gotta shop for a post 1999 cars, I'd rather get BMW or Audi, no Volvos for me.

stylngle2003
11-05-2004, 12:25 AM
XC90= ugly, why do you need a fast soccer mom mobile? soccer moms already can't drive, don't hand them something that can roll over even faster

V50= rice, looks like a Cavy w/those fake ram air hood with Nebula rims.

S40= so Euro it hurts, I love the look, but think they are bunch of BS for the power claim

after all= I would not buy any of them, if I gotta shop for a post 1999 cars, I'd rather get BMW or Audi, no Volvos for me.

xc90s dont roll over :badboy:
plus, were i someone who "balls" i would totally "pimp" a "pimped" xc90 with a supercharged v8....650hp is out of the question, but going from 315 to 450 or so would be a nice increase in power

the V50 looks great on Nebs (hehe shortened like pegs) with the simple reason that its doable with parts from the parts counter, the drop up front looks great from the side profile...rear needs to be dropped more. the hood sucks ass, i said that already tho, the rear wing and brakes look sweet tho, i'd pimp it minus the hood and plus some drop in the back

the s40 doesnt live up to the hype, and the camber on the rear is absurd, the lip looks nice but would be better on a smaller wheel i think, maybe an inch or 2 more than the front. the hood, brakes and fmic are awesome. the rear bumper proportions are hideous...something needs to break up the monotony there. the wing should run full width IMO, the color looks cool bc it looks like graphite in different lights

Three Fat Tigers
11-05-2004, 05:01 AM
I'll chime in, I like the look of that S40, camber and all. That XC90 is uglier than any Volvo made since, well ever, I blaming Ford. The indistinctive V50 makes me appreciate even more the distinctive style of my 245.

PWRPUFF
11-05-2004, 07:01 AM
xc90s dont roll over
Says who? It's supposed to be idiot-proof, but this is America - a country rampant with idiots! No matter how hard a manufacturer tries, there's always going to be someone who will beat out the system.

From Volvo-Saab dismantlers on Recycle Rd. (http://www.volvosaabparts.com/new_arrivals/030204.html)

(Note that it didn't even have license plates yet!)

As for these ... the XC look just "ugh!" with the flares looking like a second step down from the hood lines. The V50 is a lot more modest, but as TFT says, is rather indistinct too. The S40 wheel camber turns it off - the rest of the car looks alright otherwise.

-- Kane ... not that I'd buy any of 'em.

MikeHardy
11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
from the article below those.

the Evolve S40 puts out an estimated 425 horsepower to all four wheels via Volvo's Haldex electronically controlled all-wheel-drive system.

so why does the other one say

Residing front and center in the engine bay is a massive intercooled turbocharger. Thick veins of plumbing run across the inline 5-cylinder engine and a strut tower brace helps stabilize the chassis of the Evolve S40 for up to 550 horsepower of body twisting power.

Hank Scorpio
11-05-2004, 10:43 AM
Says who? It's supposed to be idiot-proof, but this is America - a country rampant with idiots! No matter how hard a manufacturer tries, there's always going to be someone who will beat out the system.

From Volvo-Saab dismantlers on Recycle Rd. (http://www.volvosaabparts.com/new_arrivals/030204.html)

(Note that it didn't even have license plates yet!)

As for these ... the XC look just "ugh!" with the flares looking like a second step down from the hood lines. The V50 is a lot more modest, but as TFT says, is rather indistinct too. The S40 wheel camber turns it off - the rest of the car looks alright otherwise.

-- Kane ... not that I'd buy any of 'em.

Kane, could have been hit from the side and tip'd, or run up off the road. In a straight line, level emergency avoidance, its pretty damn difficult to roll it.

pwschuh
11-05-2004, 10:49 AM
Actually, Volvo says the XC90 can't be made to roll-over by the driver action alone, on (relatively) smooth pavement. Hit a curb, go off-road, get hit by someone else, all bets are off.

tequila_gundam_no_chaser
11-05-2004, 10:50 AM
the xc90=sex

Boosted2003
11-05-2004, 10:52 AM
Kane, could have been hit from the side and tip'd, or run up off the road. In a straight line, level emergency avoidance, its pretty damn difficult to roll it.

Also who says it didnt fall off the car carirer. It has happened before.

xtonyx
11-05-2004, 11:10 AM
those are effin sick.

dbarton
11-05-2004, 11:16 AM
Like I said on SS:

[snip]

Evolve will be bringing cars out to the Bozzani Show next Saturday, and they said they should be able to bring that S40 (I'm hoping). We'll let you know if it's photochopped.
Dave B.

volvo9
11-05-2004, 11:21 AM
SUV's are f*cking stupid, they're a new age minivan, and nothing else.

Want to impress me with an SUV? how bout someone makes one with compatible bumpers so when the sh*t head driving the thing isn't paying attention and crashes into me car all 5K pounds of the thing don't ride up over my hood and kill me. Ok, I won't get started on SUV's this is about Evolve.

The S40 looks like crap, the rear tires are waay to big and part of the damn thing isn't even touching the ground. How is that performance!? haha! That's something I'd expect to see on a Honda.
http://www.swedespeed.com/news/uploads/volvo/006__scaled_600_004.jpg

The V50 is fine, I'd drive one. But with my luck they're all going to be automatics, not to mention waaaaay too expensive.

So is Evolve like rice? They just make their cars look fast and claim all these goodies, when in fact it's stock? How can you run a buisness and do sh*t like that? You will eventually have to get it on a dyno or a track when enough people get excited over it and then they'll all run away laughing. I can claim all day that my car has 300 HP, but who is going to believe me if I never take it to a track or get dyno numbers?

dl242gt
11-05-2004, 11:36 AM
FYI, the Volvo SUV should impress you. It is the only one on the market that has extensions below the bumper so it will hit the bumper of a car in a Collision.

It sure seems like a lot of hype and not much else. Compared to how fast Volvo had a race car built and got it out there to race, Evolve hasn't done much at all.

Enjoy the road,

boostdemon
11-05-2004, 11:44 AM
did they ever get the HP numbers they wanted from the S60R ? Seems they do awesome body work but give up on their "projected horsepower rating"

[edit]

I love the XC90, i'd figure out a way to get it lower though. And i dont care, i LOVE that S40, i think it looks hella sweet. However I'd ditch the tail lights and make them all red. The V50 can miss and exit ramp for all i care.

242GTMD
11-05-2004, 12:00 PM
XC90 = schwing

V50 = pretty freakin sweet

S40 = wannabe Jetta

760T man
11-05-2004, 12:21 PM
omfg I'd so pimp the XC90.

http://www.swedespeed.com/gallery/albums//Events/Industry/SEMA/2004/XC90%20PUV/002.jpg

klr142
11-05-2004, 02:00 PM
My opinions... :-D

S40, insane, and like whoever said, definitely a stupid euro Jetta wannabe. Those wheels are waaaaay to big. Evolve looks like ricey show cars, euro rice or not, but they don't look like function to me. They say "up to 550hp", but not that it necessarily has it... :roll:

The V50, it's alright, good for a street car, understated a lil bit, decent, and the performance is possible as well...

XC= Insane! Very cool. Seems like they cut off the bottom half of a DTM car and grafted it onto the bottom of the XC. Crazy stuff indeed. Now just put the S40's wheels on the XC. :roll:

Volv8
11-05-2004, 02:13 PM
That XC90 is brickhouse.

11-05-2004, 03:17 PM
LOL at the Moose badge on the XC90! :rofl:

PWRPUFF
11-05-2004, 04:19 PM
Actually, Volvo says the XC90 can't be made to roll-over by the driver action alone, on (relatively) smooth pavement. Hit a curb, go off-road, get hit by someone else, all bets are off.
Or hit someone else, as that's what appeared in this case. Front left corner hit, lifting up the vehicle and toppling it onto the right side and almost the roof. Sounds like driver action to me.

My point is was just against the comment that XC90's can't roll over, that's all. They can - all it takes is someone who can't drive.

-- Kane

Hank Scorpio
11-05-2004, 04:21 PM
IF Evolve is listening to me, this is what I think they should do:

Ditch the 305's in the rear, run 275's and make it look right. That just looks assine.
Ditch the gay "kragens inspired" smoked tails
Make a REASONABLE DYNO VERIFIED hp claim. 300 given the limitations of the new s40 platform would still be a bit high, but more believable claim.

Dave, I hope they show, but I doubt it. A week after SEMA? Im sure they'll have an excuse ;-) I hate to sound so negative about a "volvo resource" but tell me what does more harm:

Lack of tuners (which we know isn't exactly true)

or

A company that makes ALOT of hype, yet never lives up to its claims. The people who may have been intrested in volvo's for the first time, go to their site, look up the facts and realize that its mostly BS and LEAVE the volvo community for ever.

oldschoolvolvo
11-05-2004, 04:58 PM
I think that all the cars look freakin' hot! I do think that the S40 is a bit overdone, especially w/ the wheels...way too wide in the rear. I dunno about all the hp claims, they seem a bit too high, like you all have said. I'd also like to see some pics of the engines. If Evolve does bring the car(s) to another auto show, I'd like to hear what's really up w/ them.

Zeeall
11-05-2004, 06:03 PM
LOL at the Moose badge on the XC90! :rofl:

http://w1.589.telia.com/~u58907468/Ferrari_elk.jpg

that one is much better! =) :volvo:

(please ask me before posting it on some other website, thanks)

pisco
11-05-2004, 06:58 PM
I think my jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that XC 90. I absolutely love that. I hope they show up next week so I can see it in person. That shade of red is amazing, I wish I painted my 242 that color. (though I seriously doubt Earl Scheib could have done it) Good God, everyone will see my crappy paint runs and lack of trim next week.

dl242gt
11-05-2004, 07:26 PM
IF Evolve is listening to me, this is what I think they should do:

Ditch the 305's in the rear, run 275's and make it look right. That just looks assine.
Ditch the gay "kragens inspired" smoked tails
Make a REASONABLE DYNO VERIFIED hp claim. 300 given the limitations of the new s40 platform would still be a bit high, but more believable claim.

Dave, I hope they show, but I doubt it. A week after SEMA? Im sure they'll have an excuse ;-) I hate to sound so negative about a "volvo resource" but tell me what does more harm:

Lack of tuners (which we know isn't exactly true)

or

A company that makes ALOT of hype, yet never lives up to its claims. The people who may have been intrested in volvo's for the first time, go to their site, look up the facts and realize that its mostly BS and LEAVE the volvo community for ever.
A shame that this is the folks that Volvo seems to have associated themselves with. Because it's been long enough that the BS is going to walk.

Enjoy the road,

sm-4
11-05-2004, 08:02 PM
The S40 kit looks awesome. Too "euro" for you? Don't buy a body kit. IMO thats the best cleanest looking kit they could have made. 11" Rears :rofl: for what?! Also, why are the T5 bottom ends sooo weak, can they really only handle around 350 max?

EvanSargent
11-05-2004, 08:12 PM
http://images8.fotki.com/v123/photos/4/43321/1487535/sema176-vi.jpg

From the other SEMA thread. Look in the back right

oldschoolvolvo
11-05-2004, 10:09 PM
http://images8.fotki.com/v123/photo.../sema176-vi.jpg

From the other SEMA thread. Look in the back right
hmmmmm......that looks like the S40

Alex Buchka
11-06-2004, 03:49 AM
ok, guys. this is not meant to slam anybody. i'm just providing facts:

i JUST came from SEMA. i'm writing this from my room in the hilton in vegas. i have seen, photo'd, sat AND ridden (yes, ridden) in the evolve s40. i have personally spoken with don nicholson, the ceo of evolve, about the car. it is no hype.

make no mistake; this car is a work of art. the custom turbo header is of the kind of stuff i'd hang on my wall. the interior is superb, the fit and finish of this car is phenomenal. like one-off sway bars, insane brakes, incredible styling etc. the photos do not do the car justice.

all this is nothing compared to the rear suspension. don nicholson worked with haldex to make a one-off pushrod suspension in the back. basically, the whole rearend had to be gutted and re-fabricated (including a new fuel tank). the coilovers are mounted through the floor of the trunk. i can post pictures tomorrow evening when i get back to san diego tomorrow evening.

i rode in the car after the show when don took the car to the trailer. he obviously couldn't open it up, but he floored it on a 50 yard stretch. let me tell you, that car has major balls. i've ridden in several R's, and they have nothing on this s40. this car ****in hauls. don said the turbo kit is good for about 550hp, but he's dyno'd the s40 at about 420hp.

i know the evolve s60 was exaggerated, but i don't think it's right that you guys knock a car you've never seen in person....my $0.02

P.S. the v50 has a tuned R engine in it. that thing is pretty fast too ;)

BoxDriver2
11-08-2004, 11:46 PM
XC90 swallowed a ford exploder front bumper. The front looks kind of..ugly. Otherwise, its nice.

The S40, the wheels and the back look OK. The front, sweet jesus get rid of the scoops on the hood, they could do better than that in my opinion as far as placement.

The V50, get rid of the hood and its ok.

Vercetti
11-09-2004, 12:36 AM
heh...volvo V8...time for someone to do a twin T3...

i can still dream :-D

stylngle2003
11-09-2004, 12:40 AM
heh...volvo V8...time for someone to do a twin T3...

i can still dream :-D

that one is supercharged...which is still forced induction...=badass

zacattack
11-09-2004, 04:45 AM
We should convince these doods to do up a 240 to show us what they've got.... what do you think? Atleast we might be a sweet body kit out of it....

shaved240
11-13-2004, 03:18 AM
Like I said on SS:

1. The cars are stock
2. If they made 450hp, they would need
a. Internals
b. A bigger turbo
c. Because the turbo is integrated to the manifold
i. a miracle
ii. A custom header

did you see the pics from sema of the engine bay?

Hank Scorpio
11-13-2004, 03:20 AM
Yes I did. Obviously that post was before then.

But, did you see any dyno sheets?

Nope I didn't think so.

How about what internals they HAD to use on the motor? No mention of that either? Hmmm no real surprize.

samyboy
11-13-2004, 08:32 PM
i think it looks like an estate with a wide arch body kit on stilts, not my cup of tea ill stik the the oldies and cheapies

ND4SPDR
11-14-2004, 04:03 AM
Hey, someone kick the rear tires on the S40 into alignment. Good lord, it looks like crap. Stock that car is 50x better looking.

The V50, on the other hand, looks sweet. I'd take it.

Marvelous3
11-14-2004, 05:33 AM
Any current T5 is an R motor...minus the ecu.

As Doug said, where are the dyno number and what internals did they use? The stock motors can not handle 550hp. The S60 was hyped like crazy and then when it came down to it to make those numbers it made LESS THAN STOCK numbers! So until Evolve posts some dyno numbers like all the other tuners do I don't plan on getting too excited. In my world, talk is cheap...

isaac
11-14-2004, 12:03 PM
Lower than stock would be easy if all Evolve did to the car amounted to nothing more than Swedish rice. Throw 19"ers onto a car that came with smaller wheels and you're already losing power at the rollers.

I think the S40's body and wheel mods help point out in gross accentuation how hideous many parts of that car really are. The final 4 feet of that car look like an afterthought. It reminds me so much of a toyota corolla (or perhaps a quasi-futuristic corolla with sharper lines) that it gives me the creeps.

The XC90 is the best looking of the three. At least it doesn't look like they compromised on the design to keep family resemblence.

PWRPUFF
11-14-2004, 09:56 PM
Well, for all that's said already ... here are some upclose pics from the Bozzani Volvo meet yesterday.

-- Kane
----------
Rear suspension (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0360.JPG)

Rear wheel arch, which has been rolled. (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0361.JPG)

Rear brakes (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0362.JPG)

Rear shot (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0363.JPG)

Front brakes (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0364.JPG)

Intake vent (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0365.JPG)

Intercooler, through the grill (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0368.JPG)

Engine, pic 1 (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0366.JPG)

Engine, pic 2 (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0368.JPG)

Engine, pic 3 (http://passportrealty.net/kane/IMG_0369.JPG)

Marvelous3
11-14-2004, 11:30 PM
I have seen pictures of that turbo up close and it looks like a 60/63 from the markings on the outside. So again, no 550hp...350 maybe but no 550.

Here, look for yourself, right off Evolve's webpage...

http://www.evolvecars.com/site/content/images/1_79_H5HDwLlJVx-450x0.jpg

Captain Bondo
11-15-2004, 12:55 AM
That sure looks like a T4 compressor to me....
That S40 must have spectacular understeer.
The yammy V8=ultimate 240 engine swap. Ever.

TRBO242
11-15-2004, 01:46 AM
The S40 is great. They really had a great team of designers on board to pull this one off. They've made it look really easy. That camber is the sh*t, anyone can fit big rims on a car and lower it, but they've totally reworked the trunk and rear wheel wells to accommodate 11" meats. Those wheels set it apart from the pack. And they sure are taking advantage of all that rubber in this shot:
http://www.swedespeed.com/gallery/albums//Events/Industry/SEMA/2004/Evolve%20S40/004.jpg

The hood's part line/color break is great. Bringing the color over the top of the car and back to the trunk was a clean move. The front facia looks like it could be stock.

Now the wagon's design it a little lazy IMO, and the "P.U.V." has a dump-ass name. But kinda reminds me of the BMW X5 Lemans.

nick

www.liftsite.com

dl242gt
11-15-2004, 10:59 AM
ok, guys. this is not meant to slam anybody. i'm just providing facts:

i JUST came from SEMA. i'm writing this from my room in the hilton in vegas. i have seen, photo'd, sat AND ridden (yes, ridden) in the evolve s40. i have personally spoken with don nicholson, the ceo of evolve, about the car. it is no hype.

make no mistake; this car is a work of art. the custom turbo header is of the kind of stuff i'd hang on my wall. the interior is superb, the fit and finish of this car is phenomenal. like one-off sway bars, insane brakes, incredible styling etc. the photos do not do the car justice.

all this is nothing compared to the rear suspension. don nicholson worked with haldex to make a one-off pushrod suspension in the back. basically, the whole rearend had to be gutted and re-fabricated (including a new fuel tank). the coilovers are mounted through the floor of the trunk. i can post pictures tomorrow evening when i get back to san diego tomorrow evening.

i rode in the car after the show when don took the car to the trailer. he obviously couldn't open it up, but he floored it on a 50 yard stretch. let me tell you, that car has major balls. i've ridden in several R's, and they have nothing on this s40. this car ****in hauls. don said the turbo kit is good for about 550hp, but he's dyno'd the s40 at about 420hp.

i know the evolve s60 was exaggerated, but i don't think it's right that you guys knock a car you've never seen in person....my $0.02

P.S. the v50 has a tuned R engine in it. that thing is pretty fast too ;)

These cars are one off exercises. People here that hot rod their Volvos have done the same thing. Evolve has done this on a professional level that's all. It's been over a year and where are all the Evolve equiped cars? Where is the catalog with nice parts for all the Volvo enthusiasts? The reality is that these are just one off publicity makers. That's nice and all but it doesn't do anything to make the aftermarket better supported for these cars. Which is the idea of Specialty Equipment Manufacturers Association. It's great to create excitement
for cars that previously had a very small specialized aftermarket. I just think it's misleading to create the excitement with no parts behind. That will eventually turn people away and they will go back to the rice. Because they may be ricers but they make parts for the aftermarket.

It's nice for Volvo to have a new performance image here in the US. It's just important for folks to know that these are just one offs and they aren't really helping the aftermarket. You'll have to go elsewhere for your performance parts.