PDA

View Full Version : Look who came back from the bodyshop...

pat244ti
11-06-2004, 12:06 AM
Picked her up around lunchtime, boy does she look good. Rides exactly the same. A couple small problems I will get to.

http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/35990439/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/35989903/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/35989947/large.jpg

Here are the issues

1. ABS module need replacement. ABS and BRAKE warning lights are on, speedo/odo/trip are inop. All signs point to the ABS module. I'm gonna have the insurance pay for it since it was NOT like this before the accident. Also I got a check engine light on, wasnt like that before.

2. I told the body shop before repairs they'd have to take the springs out of the hood. They said with a CF hood it'd be fine [cause theyre experts, right?] Lo and behold they have everything ready to go and when they get the hood it comes with instructions to remove the hood springs. They go ahead and mount the hood without removing them and tell me I am gonna have to take them out, which I will do first thing tommarrow at work. So right now it's bowing up a teeny bit and isnt aligning well obviously. Right now I'm leaving the hood up while its in my garage, I dont want to damage the hood.

3. Hood release. The part of the hood release that mounts below the grille on the inside of the hood will not mount right. One side of the hood is too thick. I'm gonna try sanding it down and if that does not work I am gonna find a way to run a hood pin setup ALA Doug. The fact the release does not work is why I currently am not sporting my nice new iPD grille [so I can open the hood by hand if need]

4. Hood skelton. The hood skelton made contact with these metal tabs near each side of the core support, so I had to shave those down.

All and all they did an EXCELLENT job on the repairs. You can't even tell. They detailed the rest of the car too so everything just looks so damned new now. I love how clean it looks with the hood and grille in place. I'm so glad to have the thing back.

I'll get some good pics of it once I have the issues with the hood fixed.

mAydAy
11-06-2004, 12:12 AM
Looks great man, now get the 244 going again and you're back in business :-D
And get some clear corners and stuff....

-andy

pat244ti
11-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the reminder Andy about the 244, I forgot to include the news

I found a B23F out of a 84' 242 that was wrecked. It has 72k on it and is in awesome shape. I'm probably gonna finalize that deal next week. Also going to refresh a 530 head and DIY port it and throw that on top. Gonna use my 90+ manifold I've had lying around. Some kid at school is selling a barely used 16G for cheap I'm also looking at that. B23F+T w/16G and Megasquirt should provide some fun. If everything goes as planned I'll have the car done hopefully early-mid next month.

760T man
11-06-2004, 12:33 AM
No diamond headlights eh...oh well still looks ****in awesome man

Vercetti
11-06-2004, 01:13 AM
O_o WoW is all i gotta say.

940T_Drifter
11-06-2004, 02:45 AM
O_o WoW is all i gotta say.

WORD !!! :eek:

Nebor
11-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Not to dog your car, it was a great looking car, and I do understand the 'benefits' of carbon fiber, but that looks horrible. Anyone who doesn't know about carbon fiber will just think you replaced your hood with a cheap one you got at a junk yard. It just looks bad.

Congrats on getting your car fixed though.

volvogeek
11-06-2004, 04:17 AM
Not really a CF fan myself either, but it looks like they did a great job on the car. Congrats on getting it back, as well as the 244 engine dealie!

Felixredwoody
11-06-2004, 04:18 AM
Nice! good to hear it drives right knowing that there were concerns for many of us. Considering how bad post pics looked it looks like you picked a good shop to use. The hood? FUCCKIN DAMN SEXY thing there! Who cares what those not in the know care afterall if we worried about that kind of thing wouldn't we be driving something more acceptable than a volvo? Post pictures when the hood/grille issues are sorted out, thinking that just by adding that hood makes newer seem more interesting to me. Tim

Vercetti
11-06-2004, 06:54 AM
Not to dog your car, it was a great looking car, and I do understand the 'benefits' of carbon fiber, but that looks horrible. Anyone who doesn't know about carbon fiber will just think you replaced your hood with a cheap one you got at a junk yard. It just looks bad.

?! O_o ?!

turbobrick211
11-07-2004, 02:01 AM

What the....

Where did that come from???

ANYWAY, glad the hood worked out bud. Sorry that it took so long to get to you, that's just how it goes with hand built parts. I look forward to seeing it with the new sport grill and out in the sunshine. Indoor lighting doesn't do it justice.

Eric

(aka ipd guy)

vurbo
11-07-2004, 02:33 AM
good to hear your ****'s back together :)

TRBO242
11-07-2004, 03:00 AM
nice!

MikeHardy
11-07-2004, 03:52 AM
Looks nice. Odd you personify your cars over there, (happens here to but not as much), should be look what came back, not who.

760T man
11-08-2004, 12:43 PM

Oh, my...here I am railing you again. if you're going to talk smack about CF hoods, then you damn well better talk smack about those mother****ing flat black hoods, as they look 1000x worse. oh just an FYI...about 80% of people know what CF is. and because its on a black car, it'll be almost indistinguishable from any appreciable difference.

Rust Reaper
11-08-2004, 01:07 PM

Dont mind the Blasphemer.

blu92in99
11-08-2004, 03:50 PM
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion's guys. Just because one person doesn't like the look of CF or flat black doesn't mean we gotta be e-bitch slapping them... :roll:

The car looks real good Pat. I'm glad the bodyshop did a good job of it. Give us some pics once the grille is sorted out and it's in the sunlight. Eric had it right, indoor lighting does not do it justice. Oh, and stay away from them SUV's this time eh? ;-)

pat244ti
11-08-2004, 11:55 PM

Yeah this looked great huh

http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/34947692/medium.jpg

I agree everyone is entitled to their opinions, so I'll give my opinion on your reply. If you've seen CF on a black car, you'd know that in day/natural light it blends in really well. And really, why should I give a darn about what some average joe walking past my car [who doesnt know what carbon fibre is] thinks about it? I DONT. Average joe for the most part thinks were stupid for modifying Volvos when he putts along in his shiny new Chevy Aveo :roll:

Here's the only shot I've got of the whole car in daylight. I'll take some better pics of it soon.

http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/36069917/large.jpg

Another shot, adjusted the hood so there isnt that dip near the back of it today.
http://www.pbase.com/brickster151/image/36069928/large.jpg

Thanks for the comments everybody

stylngle2003
11-09-2004, 12:07 AM
looks great patrick! the cf on black looks incredible

ashvolvo
11-09-2004, 12:54 AM
Looks ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!
Accidents are never a good thing, but it looks like you've come out of it better than you could have hoped.

Great news that its back on the road.
Sort out the little tiny issues and I'm sure you'll be a happy man!
Cheers,
Ash

Nebor
11-09-2004, 01:33 AM
It looks much better in those pictures because you can't see the weave. The weave of CF just looks like a bad paint job to me. Lookin' sharp in the latest pictures though.

BoxDriver2
11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Maybe it is just me, since i haven't looked at a V70/850/what have you, front end, but did they blend a small headlight "eyebrow" into the hood?

Looks good. My friend has a black CF hood for his turbo 2nd gen probe and it looks good [black car, CF hood-yet he wants to paint it....dunno why eh].

JonnyScorch
11-09-2004, 01:11 PM
It looks like C70 lights and maybe a c70 hood to line up.. but what ever you used it looks good.. glad to hear it all went well for ya...

Geoff240Ti
11-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Wow.. it's looking great again! I especially like the last two pictures. Don't neglect the 244 now that the V70R is back! :cool:

boostdemon
11-09-2004, 01:33 PM
glad it wasnt a loss... looks great now too!

oldschoolvolvo
11-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Looks great man, glad to hear everything is working out ok. IMHO, don't do hood pins, they wouldn't look right on a car like yours.