PDA

View Full Version : Best junkyard trip ever

schaff70
11-07-2004, 08:57 AM
Since I didn't go back home this weekend, I decided to hit up some local junkyards.
The first yard had some stuff, flat hood for my wagon & a nice late model 240 tailgate.
The second junkyard had some more stuff, a 79 242 GT, seats ripped, grill gone, no gauge package, but I picked up the chassis braces for $10.
The third yard I hit the mother load. I found a loaded 740 turbo wagon. I grabbed the IPD bars (F & R), upper stress bar, rear wing (!), and the power leather Recaro drivers seat.
This car was most likely either a T-bricks member or a former member. It had rear Bilsteins, lowering springs (front struts/springs were gone), stainless brake lines, cross drilled brakes, and a 3" exhaust with a mangnaflow muffler.
They also had all kinds of rims (Draco, Hydra, Columba) and even a Bertone with a complete front clip if you anybody who needs one or parts from one.
Bad thing is it's cash only.
I'm going back today, they're open from 8-5 for the last half of the exhaust since mine is about to fall off. They also had tons of 2.3L turbo engines from various 940 and 740's. I'm also going to pickup a couple 740 turbo grilles.
If anybody is in the Maryland area & wants to hit up the yards with me give me a call
757-408-2220, I'll try to leave my phone on while I'm out there.

And last--- NO I'm not selling the seat, I'm going to put it in my silver 240 wagon. The other parts will be for sale soon.

stylngle2003
11-08-2004, 03:31 PM
post pics you lucky ducky

towerymt
11-08-2004, 04:09 PM
Which yards did you go to?

GSWAGON
11-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Hey,

Which yard did you go to? I am interested in the 740 wagon spoiler depending on price. Are you grabbing all of the parts you mentioned in the post above? Any engine mods...pull the valve cover and see what kind of cam it has in it. manual/auto? The wagon at u wrench it that you got the front bar from had a rear IPD bar as well that ronnie scooped up. I grabbed an aluminum hood of the 83 760 there as well as some other goodies...nice when they set 15 volvos in one week! Let me know.

later,
Jon

schaff70
11-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Sorry I didn't get back earlier, the network has been down here at school.
I hit up Crazy Rays Auto Parts up here. I pulled all the parts I listed, plus I went back & picked up that Magnaflow 3" muffler ($5 !!) the 3" over axle pipe, a like new 740 turbo wiring harness, and a K&N filter. I also got a nice aftermarket fiberglass rear wing from a 240 sedan. It's white with a 3rd brake light.
*** If somebody could post here how to remove the rear shocks from a 740 wagon, I'll grab the Bilsteins HD's off the back of that same 740.
I pulled the cam cover & checked the cam. I didn't see any markings on it. What am I looking for btw?
I still don't understand why this car was in the yards. It was loaded, not wrecked and the motor turns over (cranking by hand). It even had new tires on it (I grabbed 2 for my car).
My hands are still all black with dirt despite several scrubbings with Gojo.
I won't have a chance to get back to the yard until possibly Sunday or next Saturday at the latest.
I'll post pics on Thursday.
Somebody grabbed the lights & grill off that Bertone last weekend.
-Todd

hockey930
11-09-2004, 11:02 AM
rear shocks are mad easy on that car, jack it up by the frame, drive out the lower bolt wich you already probably took out to remove the sways. (wheel should already be removed) There is a little rubber plug in the wheels well, rip it off and there is like a 17 mm bolt behind it, take it off, then pull out your shock. What a great setup. How much they asking for wheels?
Eamonn

780_Bertone
11-09-2004, 11:52 AM
what model bertone is it? please say that its a 780. IF so, and the front bumper is still intact, i'm praying that it has the tow hook cover (drivers side, all black rectangle with engraved lines in it). If it does, i'll buy it. Let me know!! thanks, -Dan.

schaff70
11-09-2004, 03:30 PM
It was a 780. It had some damage to the lower drivers side corner. i'll check when I go back for the cover. It shouldn't be more than $5 or so. I'll get back to you.

schaff70
11-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Here's that seat I picked up for $45.
http://s90138167.onlinehome.us//misc/1010.jpg
I'll post pics of the other stuff tomorrow.

forelan740
11-10-2004, 10:57 PM
and you find out, it was just another guy browsing the yard... and you picked apart his car! naw im jk... great finds man.

Rotary_Kid
11-10-2004, 11:12 PM
I would be very interested in that 740 spoiler if you want to get rid of it, BIG TIME!

chunky
12-29-2004, 10:33 AM
any pics of the 240 spoilers? i'm looking for a nice clean looking one right now and i'm not having any luck.

vurbo
01-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Here's that seat I picked up for $45.
http://s90138167.onlinehome.us//misc/1010.jpg
I'll post pics of the other stuff tomorrow.

godamn that's a nice seat! im sure that thing costed hundreds of dollars new.

Homer
01-02-2005, 10:47 PM
wow this makes me more excited to go to the euro - only junkyard in town. :badboy:
Are there any small parts anyone is looking for? This place is usually good for interior bits. The usually have Volvos, Saabs, Mercedes, BMW, and the occasional porsche.
-Jacob