PDA

View Full Version : Corbeau Forza = mixed bag.

GTBrik
11-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Just installed a Corbeau Forza in my lowered GT. It makes a nice difference in cornering, but I must say that it is not a seat I would want to have to sit in for a road trip if you know what I mean. I think I will install the inflatable lumbar support later on. Looks sick though.

blu92in99
11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
No pics? :???:

stylngle2003
11-09-2004, 07:56 PM
what about it dont you like? im trying to gather as much info on sport seats as i can before i buy some

joel142
11-09-2004, 08:28 PM
I have Corbeau GTs in my 142 (I needed a seat that would fold forward for access to the back seat) and I really like them. I think Doug has the same but sprung for the ones with the little leather corners.

I've driven from Seattle to Portland and back a couple of times and from Seattle to the Bay Area and back once and the seat was comfortable enough. I'm 6'4" and could probably use a little more thigh support to take weight off my heal, nevertheless, I made those trips without needing a chiropractor.

Joel

vurbo
11-09-2004, 08:48 PM
i really like the forza in my 242 for comfort and support( id say it's firm but supportive)but the material is weak and with less than 1,000 mile is streteched, worn and has a developed small hole. im also not over weight, nor do i get is it poorly(sit on the bolster and fall in)

i just seriously doubt the stregth of the soft material there made of. i think when i get the money i will try cobra's version...

BoxDriver2
11-09-2004, 09:08 PM
My friend has the Corbeaus that you can't recline, in his ford probe. I like them, but you can't sit in them too long or your back hurts and your legs get tired real quick from the seating position. A slight recline would change the world on those things...

towerymt
11-09-2004, 10:24 PM
It's all subjective. I've driven 3-4hr at a time, several times, and one 6hr trip with no major trouble in my fiberglass shell Momo seat with thin padding (compared to a Sparco Evo2/Corsa). It's not painful, but I must say it's nice to stand up after a long drive. A 10hr drive might be different, but if you can't last an hour or 2, it's not much good for daily driving.

If it's a steel tube frame seat, which I think it is, do you notice any pressure points from the tubes? That's one main reason I wanted a fiberglass shell seat. A worn out stock seat can even be painful if there's a bar in your ribs/back.

boostdemon
11-11-2004, 05:54 PM
A worn out stock seat can even be painful if there's a bar in your ribs/back.

:wave:

Hank Scorpio
11-11-2004, 09:42 PM
I have Corbeau GTs in my 142 (I needed a seat that would fold forward for access to the back seat) and I really like them. I think Doug has the same but sprung for the ones with the little leather corners.

I've driven from Seattle to Portland and back a couple of times and from Seattle to the Bay Area and back once and the seat was comfortable enough. I'm 6'4" and could probably use a little more thigh support to take weight off my heal, nevertheless, I made those trips without needing a chiropractor.

Joel

Im with you bud. After 3 years my DS cr1 has a surprizingly amount of wear on the wear patches. Over all they have held up well. Im debating if Im going to keep them or get the set of Cobra's I've been eyeing. Honestly? I'll probably save the Cobra's for my new project.