PDA

View Full Version : What I did...[big pics]

BoxDriver2
11-09-2004, 09:15 PM
When i had some time finally to fix some leaks and take care of some maintenance...

Day #1 of free time: Timing belt and seals...i probably screwed the crank seal when i put it in but so far no leaks, and can't be as bad as the old seal...which was in pieces!

So, i figured...time to add some parts i picked up a long time ago and put them on...94 b230ft...had to convert to square timing gears...cleaned up things, put a new backing plate on....etc...MVP bits...only one pic, since the others are just of the nekkid front of the motor etc...**ignore the rusty gears..off the original motor that blew up, parts were in the garage**

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjMyMzE2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Day #2 of free time:I had a ported intake i ported well over a year ago i pulled off the car for some reason....so i decided to detail it a little and throw it on...as well as change some gaskets and clean some bits...

Previous engine bay pic:
http://www.pbase.com/turbo745ti/image/15870096

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjMyMzE3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjMyMzE4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjMyMzE5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Thoughts/opinions of any kind welcome. I need to weld in a new battery tray, previous owner+me not lifting the battery tray to check = rusted out.

forelan740
11-09-2004, 09:22 PM
ok my shorts are in the washer... nice looking car man.

noz-e8tr
11-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Looks good...I like the blue intake..Nice detail..

Such a beautiful car with what I think is one of the ugliest trucks made parked behind it. :-P

BoxDriver2
11-09-2004, 09:30 PM
Such a beautiful car with what I think is one of the ugliest trucks made parked behind it. :-P

You don't understand :) Its not mine [my moms,actually] but the thing hauls and tows with ease. Its better than a silverado or a denali like she used to have. But yeah, it does take time to get used to. Fun truck, despite some small issues...

My red 745T is also in the pic [side/back corner]...but all the good stuff is sitting in the garage for it. So, feel free to knock on that one too ;-) :lol:

SwedishBrick242...
11-09-2004, 10:05 PM
Damn your car looks so freeking gorgeous! I love it. Nice job on the engine!

stylngle2003
11-09-2004, 11:04 PM
i like the new manifold...whole car is very clean

djecko
11-10-2004, 12:46 AM
how did you do the intake manifold?

grebnut
11-10-2004, 02:22 AM
wow that looks incredible!! very nice man... have fun with that... later,

ben

vurbo
11-10-2004, 10:14 AM
mmm... your wagon...

780_Bertone
11-10-2004, 12:30 PM
I want your wheels.... oh ya, great job, the car looks awesome.

MikeHardy
11-10-2004, 12:48 PM
i think i prefered it on the ATS's. but looked sweet there dano

BoxDriver2
11-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Thanks for all the comments :)

As far as intake, do you mean paint or porting work?

The ATS are still in the garage....red car has to wear something if it doesn't sell...

grebnut
11-10-2004, 02:18 PM
i just noticed that aluminum canister that is right next to the cool side i/c outlet. what is that? it looks like it hooks to the intake pipe? a homemade oil catch can type of thing? im wondering becuase i need to figure something out for my car and the pcv system. thanks! later,

ben

*edit* and i just noticed also that your paint is gorgeous! im loving that color. :-D

BoxDriver2
11-10-2004, 02:32 PM
i just noticed that aluminum canister that is right next to the cool side i/c outlet. what is that? it looks like it hooks to the intake pipe? a homemade oil catch can type of thing? im wondering becuase i need to figure something out for my car and the pcv system. thanks! later,

ben

*edit* and i just noticed also that your paint is gorgeous! im loving that color. :-D

Good eye ;-)

It is a catch can a friend had on his 940, its all aluminum. I figured its one more thing i can add in haha...the stock oi lcooler is also back on the car [albeit, sans the stock rubber lines/fittings]. Thats also crappy temporary heater hose, i have some nice parker hose that resists oil to replace it..

Paint is nice, someplaces. The roof is faded, hood is dinged up, and 2 doors have dents...but 20/20 rolling it looks ok :)

hockey930
11-10-2004, 02:54 PM
I love your car and want to steal many things off it.
Eamonn

GSWAGON
11-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Looks badass...so are you keeping it or selling it? One of my favorite wagons...only thing I would do is add some euro headlights otherwise it is perfect. I think the polaris look better than the ATS on that car btw, the only wheels I would swap those for is some BBS with a big lip...nice work.

later,

Jon

BoxDriver2
11-11-2004, 10:39 AM
Looks badass...so are you keeping it or selling it? One of my favorite wagons...only thing I would do is add some euro headlights otherwise it is perfect. I think the polaris look better than the ATS on that car btw, the only wheels I would swap those for is some BBS with a big lip...nice work.

later,

Jon

I have some euro headlights in the garage, but they need trim pieces and a parking light broke in shipping. Otherwise they can go on, but would look dumb with missing/broken stuff.

Big lip BBS-yep, that would look sweet. Always hope, just no $ :)

For now, i am keeping it. I was going to get a 9-2x on a lease, but that sorta fell through for now....

stylngle2003
11-11-2004, 11:23 AM
thats a shame dan, the 9-2x is an awesome ride

GSWAGON
11-11-2004, 11:28 AM
haha...I bought a set of euros from redliner740tic for the yellowbrick. He apparently thought it would be a good idea to ship them to me with no packing material whatsoever from Canada, this after three months of waiting...the headlights survived but the turn signals cracked and one of the lower trim pieces broke as well...some people have no common sense...thought it was funny though cuz I have a set and the same problem...

If we get a run of BMW spacers though deep dish BBS would be easier because they can be picked up somewhat cheaply off of ebay as I'm sure you know. I like the Saab 9-3 viggen, the AWD is nice though...no new car lease means now you can save money and hopefully for you you car wont suck anymore...haha.

Later,

Jon

BoxDriver2
11-11-2004, 11:24 PM
Well, i bought my ecodes off ebay, knowing the trim was broken. The broken parking lamp was just a bonus haha.

Well, there is no saab because my other volvo did not sell...