• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Opahoopt s Dead

Harlard

Hurlurd?Harland?Bueller?
300+ Club
Some hick in a lifter Ram 1500 with a bullbar thought it would be a good idea to tailgate me and rev his engine to harass me on my in-laws' street, which resulted in rear-ending me, trying to blame me for it, getting his bluff called, and him hopping back in his brodozer fleeing the scene. Guy has been located and insurance determined he's at fault. Good thing there were lots of witnesses.

The result: wrinkled rear end. Ass end got hit hard enough for door to come into contact with quarter panel. My shoulder and neck are now a bit stiff.

39269_720192683080_763639044_n.jpg

999080_720192623200_411357176_n.jpg

15663_720192598250_1138723128_n.jpg

543780_720192583280_64596863_n.jpg

1010975_720192573300_1946134545_n.jpg

1098077_720192658130_790690484_n.jpg

You can see the wheel arch being a teeny bit closer to the door than it should be.

:-( I lost a 945 to an inattentive pick-up driver back in January.

Start getting ready to argue his insurance about the value of the car. Start pulling together comps, get a powerpoint with pictures of the car, list of rare options etc. They'll try to only use comps that are within your area and around the same miles, put plenty of pressure on them about why that is not realistic for this car blah blah. It was a headache but I got an initial offer of $1100 to a $2400 settlement on a '91 with 250k miles. They're not supposed to be paying you what the car is worth on KBB, they are supposed to be "making you whole".

:-( I lost a 945 to an inattentive pick-up driver back in January.

Start getting ready to argue his insurance about the value of the car. Start pulling together comps, get a powerpoint with pictures of the car, list of rare options etc. They'll try to only use comps that are within your area and around the same miles, put plenty of pressure on them about why that is not realistic for this car blah blah. It was a headache but I got an initial offer of $1100 to a $2400 settlement on a '91 with 250k miles. They're not supposed to be paying you what the car is worth on KBB, they are supposed to be "making you whole".

I have 18MB's worth of receipts accumulated ;-)

No, it's not remotely roadworthy and unless someone rescues it to race at Lemons or ChumpCar, it's more than likely going to get crushed after I remove all the goodies.

Sucks but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Sadness!
Someone should have bought it and prevented this =p

Take the brah for all he's worth. Dickheads like that need to be taught a lesson, and it seems the only way they learn is through money.

Hopefully you're not too messed up.

coincidentally my 240 was also totaled by a dickhead in a ram 1500 who tried to blame the accident on me, and I was saved by witnesses

No, it's not remotely roadworthy and unless someone rescues it to race at Lemons or ChumpCar, it's more than likely going to get crushed after I remove all the goodies.

Sucks but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

You'll probably do better with an insurance check and parting than you would've selling the car.

I would have gotten out and beat him half to death. but you look like a nice person. Im sry. You wanted to sell it, maybe its fate??? it would rather die than be with someone else.

That was an awesome car.
I have a black one also, but this one totally put mine to shame.
I did well with ins when I was hit in my 290k 90 740 4 years ago. I showed the repairs, the clean interior, etc etc and got $2350 and kept the car.

Inbred mutant hicks driving POS 6.66 MPG trucks to compensate for a penile organ that resembles a vagina need to be put down, already.

Poor 940T, once they get folded in like that , it's an expensive proposition to get it pulled back out. I'd definately be on suing that POS roach .

Glad you seem to be okay but I'd report whiplash too, but it just depends how annoyed you are with that ingrate that took your 940 out.

Inbred mutant hicks driving POS 6.66 MPG trucks to compensate for a penile organ that resembles a vagina need to be put down, already.

Poor 940T, once they get folded in like that , it's an expensive proposition to get it pulled back out. I'd definately be on suing that POS roach .

Glad you seem to be okay but I'd report whiplash too, but it just depends how annoyed you are with that ingrate that took your 940 out.

Insurance is already working out a settlement. If this person does not get prosecute by Portland Police I'm going to have to lawyer up. I don't want people like this being a danger to others out in public roads and getting away with merely a slap in the wrist.

As for whiplash I have a follow-up visit with my primary care doctor to check whether I have developed any other symptoms.

That would count as hazmat, plus the size of it would make it expensive. For what it would cost to ship you could probably buy a new one...

Back