PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Dyno Results!!!

swedefiend
11-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Here are the cold hard numbers:

The car:
83 b21ft w/ AW-71 from 940 turbo
K-jet
b230 intake swap
IPD Turbo cam
Factory downpipe and catalytic converter - 1 muffler; exit under rear passenger
740 intercooler and intake pipe/ hose to TB
Hose Techniques hoses and clamps
Factory ignition
NGK bpr7es -indexed and gapped at .035
10 degrees base timing
Mitsubishi td05-12b turbo -13lbs (on gauge; most likely 15lbs -gonna send the gauge in for warranty next week)
Custom hot side intercooler pipe (no rubber)
93 octane gas

The results:

http://www.gregables.net/turbobricks/scan1006.jpg

The conclusion:

Had a hard time getting good pulls out of the car. Overdrive was cutting itself off and on. Had to disconnect the kickdown cable so that the tranny wouldn't shift itself. Car would slip all of the time...
I already knew I was having boost spike issues and today it was proven (much to the dismay of my friend Ben because he was like "whatever" when I was trying to tell him about it the other day)
The car would spike to 15 psi and then just totally loose traction. But it consistently pulled 150 hp and ~175 lb-ft torque. There were other runs that were greater than that but like I said - mad slippage.

So, am I dissappointed? No. I got what I thought and was told I could conceivably have as much as 30% more if it wouldn't slip. Gonna have to try to find some new boost control toys and try again. Need to keep the boost from laying in so hard at ~4000 RPMs.

This is a precursor to Megasquirt. I wanted to know what my baseline is so that when I go EFI I will know if I am getting more or less power.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. I know mine is gonna be kinda dull after today :cool:

swedefiend
11-19-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh yeah, you'll probably notice the huge drop in power at 4500 RPM. That is where the wheel slip became excessive and the test pretty much ended. It is a little misleading to look at this and try to understand because the car spent so much more time at 3500-4500 rpm than the 3 seconds it took to go from 4750 to redline.

samyboy
11-19-2004, 07:17 PM
hmmm very confusing to many lines its too late at night blurred vision lol but is it 150bhp

jao
11-20-2004, 03:30 AM
you must be slippin'

my flatnose put down 180hp/220tq with a v15 turbo cam and 3" exhaust. the damn Kjet was barely driveable - won't idle at all, really rich under boost etc. brickster151 put down about the same as me with abunch of miles on his car.

i'm sure you'll put down more with MS ;)

oh and after i dynoed the car, approximently 2 hours later it was running on Mgasquirt... helps ALOT to have your wiring harness already made up.