• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Mr Robs' 84 245

Mr_Robs

Hey all, I've been lurking on this site for a long time and i finally bought a brick of my own back in July.

1984 245 with M46. 264,000 miles on it. Has a couple rust spots under the rear windows inside (must have leaked once), and a spot under the windshield. Other than that its pretty clean for its age. Interior is missing some trim bits but everything works well. Previous owner did a lot of work motor and suspension wise. It runs really well and has IPD f/r sways, some used billies in the rear, and nivomax (or sachs?) fronts.

I havent done anything to the car except find a reverse light lens, drive it, and had it detailed by a friend. It feels like i need to replace the driveshaft mount & bearing and probably all the rear bushings, but the front of the car is really tight. Only issue is sometimes i get some knock in the steering wheel/rack.

I'm basically at a crossroads with what to do next. I like the 2.1 redblock, its reliable and pretty torquey for an NA motor. I dont want to LS swap or anything crazy, so i think im going to research the +T swap. Originally i just wanted to slam it and just be that guy with a dumped wagon, but its a decent amount of work and i have no fabbing/welding skills. I put the car up for sale in a few places but no one has offered me what i need to part with it.

Any suggestions on what i should do next? It's my second car so it can be down for a bit to be worked on. I've always set up my cars for handling and a bit more power. This is actually my first RWD car, and it drives better than other cars ive driven/owned from the 80's and 90's. I had planned to pick up a miata if this sells but i have no qualms with the keeping the car as i mentioned because it really is enjoyable to drive and has a charm to it.

Oh and the daily.

And the POS that i cant get registered because California DMV are a bunch of morons. Has a grand in IPD parts plus 5 speed swap sitting in my garage for it (platinum edition, 127k, buy from me lol)

Looks pretty fresh! Look up kaplhenke.com for suspension goodies. $$$$ but awesome.

A little more suspension work and a +t @ ~ 12psi and you'll have a lot more fun that you thought possible in a 20 year old wagon :-P

Looks pretty fresh! Look up kaplhenke.com for suspension goodies. $$$$ but awesome.

A little more suspension work and a +t @ ~ 12psi and you'll have a lot more fun that you thought possible in a 20 year old wagon :-P

Thanks! Oh yea, ive already priced out all of Ben's gorgeous products haha, maybe one day!

Nice 245. Where are you from? Your neighborhood looks oddly familiar.

I live in Cupertino - aka south bay area

Nice car, welcome to the 240 club. Someone tipped me off to your exact 245 on craigslist and it looked pretty damn clean there. But you said you bought it in July...does that mean it's currently for sale? But you just created this thread 2 days ago; I'm corn-fused.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4145686370.html

Haha thanks, i had it up for sale just to see if anyone wanted it. Wasnt sure if i wanted to keep it or not cause i get car ADD. The new owner just picked it up today, gave me a price i couldnt say no to. I'm sure i will be back in the 240 game eventually, but next time it will be in a turbo and hopefully a coupe. Wagon life is awesome but the NA was just a great cruiser and hauler, which had no use for right now.

I still have my 855 platinum thats for sale, if that never sells/i get my plates for it (CA DMV sucks d***) ill end up finishing the 5 speed swap and adding more boost!

Back