PDA

View Full Version : putting race seats into 744

budweiser_man
11-23-2004, 12:02 PM
I just got 2 apc racing seats for somewhat cheap so I decided to put them into my turbo. So the question is HOW DO I DO IT? I took my drivers seat out last night and the rails are completly different then the ones that came on the seats. I took the rails off and ther eare no places for the seats to mount to on the stock rails at all. I took the rails off the apc seats and there is still no way to do it. Has anyone does this before in a 700 series car if so please tell me how

thanks in advance.

peehound
11-23-2004, 04:43 PM
I got a 740 seat from the Pick-nPull, removed everything that wasn't the base, and adapted the seat to the base.
See
http://www.stanford.edu/~mcduck/seat_base.jpg

luke242ti
11-23-2004, 08:15 PM
I got a 740 seat from the Pick-nPull, removed everything that wasn't the base, and adapted the seat to the base.
See
http://www.stanford.edu/~mcduck/seat_base.jpg (http://www.stanford.edu/%7Emcduck/seat_base.jpg)
Clever method!

budweiser_man
11-24-2004, 01:53 PM
so you ripped off the actually seat and put two metal bars down and put the seat on top of them? how high is your seat? pics of it in the car?

242GTMD
11-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Budweiser....

I'd be weary of putting APC seats in your Brick. Seats are instrumental in protecting you in a crash and I would bet generous sums of money that far more R&D has gone into your stock Volvo seats then your new APC finds. I would only replace with an FIA approved seat, just for the sake of safery. My fiberglass Sparco has a FIA approval for motorsports. I was able to use the stock Volvo (albeit 240) hardware to mount it, so I am relatively certain that I'll be protected in a crash in a similar manner to what Volvo had envisioned.

Anything APC makes me shudder.

Chris

stylngle2003
12-01-2004, 04:13 PM
i agree with chris...throw the APCs up on ebay and sell them to some ricer who thinks FIA is a typo of FIAT or something...then get yorself some sparcos or momos, anything with FIA and good comfort...sit on the ones you like too, sometimes the coolest looking ones are the least comfortable ones

BoxDriver2
12-01-2004, 04:20 PM
Corbeau makes seat brackets for the 740.

I have a pair of brackets for corbeau/whatever else they fit, i have yet to use them [have been sitting for over a year], but i will eventually. They are out there, just need to look.

I have seen photos and heard from different people, that in accidents, they have seen or heard of seats breaking away from the mounts. None of them were good, just your typical under-engineered $100 seat.

You get what you pay for.

vurbo
12-01-2004, 08:56 PM
ya you have a 4 door so you don't need reclineable seats. try cobra monaco's they look just like a corbeau forza but they look like there made of tougher material.

my 2cents

Hank Scorpio
12-01-2004, 09:08 PM
ya you have a 4 door so you don't need reclineable seats. try cobra monaco's they look just like a corbeau forza but they look like there made of tougher material.

my 2cents

and are more expensive iirc ;-)

Mtouring_Tuff*typing
12-02-2004, 08:10 PM
I just got 2 apc racing seats for
thanks in advance.

apc and racing hahaha!!!!!!! dont wast your money spend a little more and get a good seat maybe momo or sparco i can get them cheap!