PDA

View Full Version : Another break in

tjts1
11-25-2004, 06:48 PM
This is what happends when you forget to take the face plate off in berkeley:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/tjts1/broken%20glass/PICT00201.jpg
After this episode im tinting everything. And obviously i had to learn my lesson the hard way by mounting the bright silver head unit at the top slot. stupid stupid stupid...

Whats a good cheap stereo with remoto control?

Mblesso
11-25-2004, 07:29 PM
good= alpine
cheap= walmart special
that sucks and pisses me off. :rant:
sorry to see/hear

fast850turbo
11-25-2004, 07:35 PM
that sucks...heres what ive done as a cheap theft deturrant....go to radio shack and get a red blinking LED for bou t 3 bucks..and wire it in your das with a switch ....at night it looks like you have a alarm when its just a LED

eight_fitty
11-25-2004, 07:56 PM
sh*t, that sucks dude. sorry for your loss (it's not really the stereo that's important, but that fact that someone was in your car...same thing happened to my fiance's parent...their house got broken in, but it's not that fact that stuff was stolen, it's the invasion of privacy)

any leads at all who it might have been?

SwedishBrick242...
11-25-2004, 09:13 PM
Damn man, that really sux. The little red blinking light really works. I have an actual alarm in my car, but nobody messes with it because the light is so blatantly obvious. Just pick something up from radio shack and put it in an obvious place in the dash.

edit: btw, for such a tragic event, that sure is a nice looking picture.

RvolvoR
11-25-2004, 10:59 PM
get a nakamichi deck, i can leave my windows down on my truck for 3 days staight outside of my house and nobody will steal it, it looks nearly stock

tjts1
11-25-2004, 11:12 PM
that sucks...heres what ive done as a cheap theft deturrant....go to radio shack and get a red blinking LED for bou t 3 bucks..and wire it in your das with a switch ....at night it looks like you have a alarm when its just a LED

I like this red blinking LED idea. I can connect it with the ignition so its only on when the keys are disconected. The frustrating thing is it happened at her house so whoever did it might try it again. Bastards! No idea who did it. Probably one of the many street people.
Im checking ebay and craigslist for the next few days. On the off chance I catch the person (ya right) I have a nice hole in the basement where I can re-enact my favorite scenes from Silence of the Lambs.
Im going to the junk yard tomorrow to pick up a new window. Along with the stereo and DCs the idiot took the registration, insurance papers and owners manual. WTF! Was it somebody around here? lol.
Happy thanksgiving everyone.

Tenacious Todd
11-25-2004, 11:19 PM
A starving http://www.pbase.com/image/3873672.jpg in the back seat may be a good idea. Sorry to hear about the break in..