PDA

View Full Version : badge-less grills

iaintthatfast
11-26-2004, 01:15 AM
ok i bought a car off a friend it is an 84 red turbo 242. it was said to have been built by an ipd employee. any way it has a badge-less grill that was made by volvo it has not been filled in or anything it is 100% volvo made badge-less grill. soon to post pics close ups too!! the mods to the car include: comlpetely strait through exhaughst, hd billies, red tme sport springs, ipd sway bars. it used to have e-code headlights with trim color-matched. it also had recaros with audi style net headrest, momo steering wheel. if you know ANYTHING about this car please speak up.

thelostartof
11-26-2004, 01:44 AM
if ya can look for part # on that grill that would be nice maybe we can somehow source NOS ones stashed someplace

blu92in99
11-26-2004, 02:08 AM
I just checked the 3 that I have sitting in my spare room; no part numbers that I can see on the grille itself, but on the slash is a date code that breaks down to 1980 or 1981 depending on which grille you're looking at. I pulled them from early n/a models, 2 of the 3 came from 245 DL's.

Removing the slash would give a totally clean, badgeless grille. Quite nice if that's what you want.

iaintthatfast
11-30-2004, 01:33 PM
this grill is made by volvo without the slash. rumor has it this grill was made for a group a race car. so this grill is not available to any one. great find eh? i will get the part number tonight, and call the dealership. let you know what happens.

blu92in99
11-30-2004, 01:42 PM
i will get the part number tonight, and call the dealership. let you know what happens.Please do.

ashvolvo
11-30-2004, 10:48 PM
this grill is made by volvo without the slash. rumor has it this grill was made for a group a race car. so this grill is not available to any one. great find eh? i will get the part number tonight, and call the dealership. let you know what happens.

I'd certainly be interested in the part number. ALL of the group a cars I've ever seen had the volvo badge and slash on them.
If its an '84 and doesnt have the euro/australian nose, its almost definately not from a group a race car, with one exception that I know of. There was a group a car prepared by Eggenberger that was repaired, post racing accident, with US-spec nose panels.
To my recollection though, the grille in this car also had a badge and slash.

certainly very interesting though. keep us posted on what you find out.