PDA

View Full Version : New lower front valance for 240

BDKR
11-28-2004, 05:00 AM
I have a new lower front valance

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/33/b9/0f_1.JPG

for my 244. Been test painting part of it, but I'm having issues with fitment. I know it's the correct unit, but there are some raised fins, for lack of a better term, in pairs that don't seem to have any place to go under the front bumper. Can someone post a pic or pics of that area of there '89 or forward 240?

Thanx a million,
BDKR

700volts
11-28-2004, 05:16 AM
I was watching that thing on EBay dude, but came back too late to find auction was over otherwise you would have had some competition, nice score!! :) Looks nice!! Sorry I cant offer any input on the fitment issues you are having :-(

samyboy
11-28-2004, 05:56 PM
nice, afraid mines a 1985 model,

is it the standard one or is it an aftermarket item??

BoxDriver2
11-28-2004, 05:59 PM
If it is like the 700 series valence, there is a small flat lip around the bolt areas or along the front side.

This slides into a little "lip" or slot under the front bumper to held it in place without using the bolts only...wish i had a pic...

BDKR
11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
nice, afraid mines a 1985 model,

is it the standard one or is it an aftermarket item??

Standard.

Dr. Volvo
11-29-2004, 05:52 PM
It don't go under the bumper!

You have to put it inside and bolt it trough the bottom of the bumper.

There should also be one "lip" at each end that screws trough the plastic cover to ceep the sides fixed.

I've fitted alot of these because I always break them when I "Plow" snow in the winter :rant:

Bad explanation, but I hope it helps:) Good luck!!

jao
11-29-2004, 06:22 PM
I have a new lower front valance

http://i17.ebayimg.com/02/i/02/33/b9/0f_1.JPG

for my 244. Been test painting part of it, but I'm having issues with fitment. I know it's the correct unit, but there are some raised fins, for lack of a better term, in pairs that don't seem to have any place to go under the front bumper. Can someone post a pic or pics of that area of there '89 or forward 240?

Thanx a million,
BDKR

go to a automotive paint store and ask about how to paint plastic parts. you'll prob. need a flex additive and maybe a adheshion promoter. and yeah, that lip goes above the metal part of the bumper.

BDKR
11-29-2004, 10:20 PM
Bad explanation, but I hope it helps:) Good luck!!

No, not at all. That helps a great deal. Thanx!

You too Jao. I hadn't thought about the flex additive. Luckily, the only part I test painted was the removable portion that hides the tow hook.

:cheers:

BDKR