PDA

View Full Version : Anyone starting another Polaris group buy?

brickhead
12-01-2004, 10:59 PM
Is anyone starting another one of those Polaris rep.group buys in the future?
i missed the last one due to other priorties. A set for sale maybe?
Just wondering....

fast850turbo
12-01-2004, 11:35 PM
i m interested

haze
12-01-2004, 11:45 PM
how much was the buy in?

940T_Drifter
12-02-2004, 12:28 AM
OMG, if so please hurry because then I wont buy the hub conversion kit :p

coldfusion21
12-02-2004, 01:14 AM
i would imagine not unless you guys could get someone to lead the GB and find enough intrest, often the source of GB problems. i figure alot of the people that would want polaris's prolly got them in the last buy, so you would have to find a whole new set of people, and a good number at that. good luck, but its not going to be easy

Julio
12-02-2004, 01:48 AM
So there are still a few interested huh,

I've comtemplated another round, but not sure if enough people would be interested to justify it. I'm curious to see if enough interest could be drummed up here. I'm inclined to use this thread to gage interest, but then it would belong in the "for sale" section. Exchange rates have changed since the first group buy (our dollar is losing value)so I would estimate the price to be between $800-$900 excluding shipping from the shipping dock to your destination once there are here in the US. Max shipping cost from east to west coast on the last group buy was approx $91 dollars. 20 buyers would be nice but 15 will do with $300 intial deposit. The rest due before shipping to your destination.

P.S. Administrators or moderators or who ever is in charge, if this thread now belongs in the "for sale" section. Do as you must. All those interested post at will.

towerymt
12-02-2004, 02:48 AM
Moved to showroom for now. If it does turn into a buy, I can move it again, or you can create a new topic with a link to this one, which would probably be better.

RedFridge
12-02-2004, 03:03 PM
Julio is the man.

He went the distance for all of us who purchased and waited for the last group buy.

I would trust this man to lead a group buy anyday...I would also throw him an extra Hundo for all the work he went through.

Thanks again Julio....you are one who goes the distance for others.

A good man indeed.

Now Julio..would you do a group buy of 6ft tall Sweedish blondes for us this next go around? :badboy:

Super1800GTR
12-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Polaris are sweet but I'd rather see a GB on a set of these bad boys.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=29015
17" version

Rob

loudpower
12-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Polaris are sweet but I'd rather see a GB on a set of these bad boys.
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=29015
17" version

Rob

Yeah I am with him :)

BoxDriver2
12-02-2004, 05:18 PM
So there are still a few interested huh,

I've comtemplated another round, but not sure if enough people would be interested to justify it. I'm curious to see if enough interest could be drummed up here. I'm inclined to use this thread to gage interest, but then it would belong in the "for sale" section. Exchange rates have changed since the first group buy (our dollar is losing value)so I would estimate the price to be between $800-$900 excluding shipping from the shipping dock to your destination once there are here in the US.

Wow, the dollar bombed!

Definitely nice wheels. Just a pain watching out for road hazards! :)

MikeHardy
12-02-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah you've dropped more compared to the pound too.

1 euro to 1.32USD
1 to 1.92USD

BoxDriver2
12-02-2004, 05:26 PM
yeah you've dropped more compared to the pound too.

1 euro to 1.32USD
1 to 1.92USD

http://www.xceedspeed.com/forums/images/smiles/eek2.gif

Wow.

Julio
12-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Julio is the man.

Now Julio..would you do a group buy of 6ft tall Sweedish blondes for us this next go around? :badboy:

Thats an excellent idea. And once they arrive, I would go the extra mile and test each one for ya and make sure your gettin your moneys worth. http://forums.turbobricks.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

BoxDriver2
12-02-2004, 10:02 PM
Thats an excellent idea. And once they arrive, I would go the extra mile and test each one for ya and make sure your gettin your moneys worth. http://forums.turbobricks.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

Always willing to go the extra mile to help others...outstanding! :lol:

Morley
12-02-2004, 11:19 PM

If you want a volunteer to travel around Sweden and do some pre-shipping tests, I'm willing :badboy: then I can test them out, and send them all at once, and they can take the rims as hand-luggage ;-)

blkaplan
12-03-2004, 03:15 AM
Julio is the man.

He went the distance for all of us who purchased and waited for the last group buy.

I would trust this man to lead a group buy anyday...I would also throw him an extra Hundo for all the work he went through.

Thanks again Julio....you are one who goes the distance for others.

A good man indeed.

Agreed. Julio did an amazing job with the past group buy and i would definitely trust him again for another big group buy of any caliber.

bmessina
12-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Another Julio endorsement here... Satisified customer here, still smiling everytime I look at my car.

Geoff240Ti
12-03-2004, 04:19 PM
Another Julio endorsement here... Satisified customer here, still smiling everytime I look at my car.

Ditto!! :-D

Sterndogg02
12-03-2004, 04:59 PM
Same here!!! Couldn't have been any easier!! Waiting till spring to mount these babies hasn't been easy though!!!

RedFridge
12-03-2004, 07:15 PM
If you do, do this buy, I will take one more as a spare.

Oh...and a blonde, just make sure you poke holes in the box so she makes it alive. Should probably put a flashlight, mirror and some max factor in there as well....I don't want to be too disappointed when I unwrap the box. Oh and muzzler her so the UPS driver does not get her first....I hear women go for those guys in sexy brown uniforms.

She can sit on the spare wheel if you have them wrap it well enough.

Sheesh....and people think I am not a caring person. :omg:

Should probably throw a bag of chips in there for her too.

940T_Drifter
12-03-2004, 07:22 PM
Damn those wheels look sick on you're cars guys !!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

taskmule
12-10-2004, 09:20 AM
Damn those wheels look sick on you're cars guys !!! :omg: :omg: :omg:

My sig says it all. If you can at all afford the opportunity, go for it!

junkyarddog
12-19-2004, 01:38 PM
if it happens befor the 5x114.3 adapters im i for sure this time. didnt have the money last time but im going to start saving right now. kicking myself for missing out. your cars look great guys. Noah