PDA

View Full Version : A lowered 244, yes you can finally see my car...

loudpower
12-02-2004, 04:31 PM
Ok I got some new springs, thanks to turbo16psi, they are cut eibachs. I got the fronts put in last night at work and have yet to do the rears yet. Maybe tonite at work. But yeah, here it is...

Before #1:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTM5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Before #2:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTQwNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

After #1:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTQxNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

After #2:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

After #3:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTQzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

So what you all think?

Ben

pat244ti
12-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Looks good [love the color], but for some reason those smallish rims w/low profile tires look a little funky. If the tires were a meatier it'd look better.

Where you from in South Dakota? I have a friend from Brookings

SeriousSteve
12-02-2004, 04:34 PM
Awesome colour.

loudpower
12-02-2004, 04:39 PM
yeah the tires I got are way too small. I am going to get bigger ones or new rims and tires next tire job time. They are 205/40-16.
The color is Bright Metallic Lapis Blue. Its PPG. A little dirty at the moment.

Oh yeah, I live in Sioux Falls. Does your friend in Brooking have a Volvo?

pat244ti
12-02-2004, 05:04 PM
Nah he drives a Merkur XR4ti, he was going to school out here in Phoenix for a while

BoxDriver2
12-02-2004, 05:16 PM
The color is Bright Metallic Lapis Blue. Its PPG. A little dirty at the moment.

Thats one of the best looking blue 240s ever that i have seen stateside on the net. Nice!

stylngle2003
12-02-2004, 05:33 PM
yea with some bigger tires it would fill the wheel wells better, but i like the color. fyi, your next set should be something like 205 55 16 or if you step up to 17s you could rock 215 45 17s. youll get better wheel protection with fatter sidewalls too!

pisco
12-02-2004, 06:11 PM
That looks great! That is the same color my fiancee want's to do our 244.

fast850turbo
12-02-2004, 06:52 PM
looks good ..you got to the paypal before i did on the springs. how much was the car lowered?

JulezSteele
12-02-2004, 11:11 PM
nice blue, yay we both have poped off front trims (i have yet to conquer getting mine back on)

Tenacious Todd
12-02-2004, 11:53 PM
I am glad to see someone else will enjoy my springs.Now my 244 has the ground clearance of a Subaru Forester :rofl: ..

swedefiend
12-03-2004, 03:07 AM
nice blue, yay we both have poped off front trims (i have yet to conquer getting mine back on)

Sometimes, I have had to take off the front bumper to install the trim correctly. I don't know why. But anyway, taking the bumper off isnt that hard. It will ensure you get it hooked all the way in. Slowly put the front bumper back on and it will stay forever if it isn't damaged.

Anyway, that is a nice 4 door. I like the 16s. I wouldn't run on 17s around here because of the wonderful roads.

As has already been mentioned 205 55 16s will help in more ways than one.

loudpower
12-03-2004, 10:08 AM
205/55-16s are the way to go eh? ok fine.... Unless someones got some Eikers that they want to part with? :lol: But yeah, thanks for all the coments. I'll get some pics on here as soon as I get the rear lowered. The front end lowered about 4 inches. I used to hit my knee on the front bumper, now I hit the middle of my shin. :roll:

Ben

The Aspirator
12-03-2004, 07:26 PM
After #2:

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjcwOTQyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
Right click, save as. I don't really like the wheels or the tires, but that color is AMAZING!!! Is it the factory color or did you spray it yourself? I might actually have to do my next car in that color, hot damn!

loudpower
12-04-2004, 02:48 AM
Right click, save as. I don't really like the wheels or the tires, but that color is AMAZING!!! Is it the factory color or did you spray it yourself? I might actually have to do my next car in that color, hot damn!

My cousin and I painted it. So what wheels/tires do you recommend?

The Aspirator
12-04-2004, 04:39 AM
My cousin and I painted it. So what wheels/tires do you recommend?Great work on the paint, looks awesome. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said I don't like the wheels, just that they wouldn't end up on my car. They are pretty sweet looking, but I think I like the wide 5 spoke look better. Actually I'm plenty happy with my virgos and new 205/50/15's so I don't spend any time thinking about aftermarket wheels. And the tires just look too short, although once you drop the rear end it might look really good!

How does the paint look up close? It seems like it's not too glossy, but it actually looks pretty sweet like that. Mind if I ask how much you spent on it? I guess the labor was free, but how much for materials?

John

samyboy
12-04-2004, 10:11 PM
So what you all think?

beautiful, the blue tint's in the windows are nice effect

760T man
12-04-2004, 10:13 PM
laser blue owns me

loudpower
12-05-2004, 11:21 PM
Great work on the paint, looks awesome. I wasn't trying to be mean when I said I don't like the wheels, just that they wouldn't end up on my car. They are pretty sweet looking, but I think I like the wide 5 spoke look better. Actually I'm plenty happy with my virgos and new 205/50/15's so I don't spend any time thinking about aftermarket wheels. And the tires just look too short, although once you drop the rear end it might look really good!

How does the paint look up close? It seems like it's not too glossy, but it actually looks pretty sweet like that. Mind if I ask how much you spent on it? I guess the labor was free, but how much for materials?

John

I think that we had about $900 in materials to do it. The car is all dirty at the moment, thats why it dont look too glossy, it needs a good buffing too.

loudpower
12-09-2004, 03:32 PM
ok heres the after pic with the rears in, finally got time at work last night.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNjgxMjU5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

The Aspirator
12-09-2004, 03:49 PM
Yeah I can tell in that pic how dirty it is (though my car is dirty as hell too) but that blue still looks really really really good! Rear end looks really sweet too, nice work. Are you having any problems with it being too low? Like bottoming out and stuff? What struts and shocks are you pimpin?

loudpower
12-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Yeah I can tell in that pic how dirty it is (though my car is dirty as hell too) but that blue still looks really really really good! Rear end looks really sweet too, nice work. Are you having any problems with it being too low? Like bottoming out and stuff? What struts and shocks are you pimpin?

Yeah it just rained here and the city got all worried about ice and had to sand the crap out of the roads, so the car is a mess at the moment. About it being too low, I cant get it on my ramps to change oil, it rubs the air dam on the alignment rack at work, and the front end bottoms out over big dips at high speeds, but I love the handling and the ride, now all I need is a turbo!

I have bilstien HDs and ipd sways.

pisco
12-09-2004, 04:22 PM
I really like those wheels. They look like modern novas. Then again I only like rims with spokes that are multiples of 5 anyhow! Nice work on the paint, I know first hand how much metallics are a pain to paint.