PDA

View Full Version : Dyno-tacular

Greenchunks
12-04-2004, 08:09 PM
Went to the Dyno day today at ATP. Was a success in my mind. I found out I was running really rich, and so I leaned it out a bit using the AMM, yes it works quite well, I gave it a total of maybe 1.25 turns. THe guys let me have 4 runs because they like UC Berkeley (I think one went there) Each run I gained torque down low. The chart shows the difference between the first pull, and the 4th one after turning it.
List of mods:
13 psi, 3" turbo back exhaust, MVP cone filter, nology hot wires, removed 2 AMM screen. That is it, no other work done to it. As you can see I gained over 40 ft/lbs of torque by getting the afr a bit better. The guys said also if I ran about 2 psi more it will help clean up the curce as well for the afr, so I'm gonna do that this evening I think.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/Greenchunks/Scan0001.jpg

the poi
12-04-2004, 08:15 PM
ya, thats unholy rich. good numbers for it though... ya though, run mroe boost :lol:

Hank Scorpio
12-04-2004, 08:24 PM
You could have broke 200whp if you ran more boost and better AFR's :-P

Turbo944
12-04-2004, 08:53 PM
what is this I hear about adjusting the AMM to lean our your mixture? I am running incredibly rich right now (@10 PSI). I am looking for a way to lean this out for both power and fuel economy reasons. It seems when Im at WOT the fuel mixture stays in rich the whole time rarely (if at all) venturing into the stoich region. Could anyone clarify how to adjust the mixture? Would I need a dyno or wideband to determine if I need adjustment or not?

Greenchunks
12-04-2004, 09:25 PM
only on LH 2.2 hehehehehe.

Turbo944
12-04-2004, 11:23 PM
only on LH 2.2 hehehehehe.
crap...any other alternatives?

Canuckvolvo
12-05-2004, 02:18 AM
what is this I hear about adjusting the AMM to lean our your mixture? It seems when Im at WOT the fuel mixture stays in rich the whole time rarely (if at all) venturing into the stoich region.

Um, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but this is generally considered a *good* thing. Staying on the rich side of stoich (~12:1) tends to keep pistons from melting under boost. If you're rich when you're *not* boosting, well that's a different story.

yozsi
12-05-2004, 04:37 AM
yes but look where he is at . he was averageing like 10:1

TerribleOne
12-05-2004, 05:11 AM
best power is usually acheived around 12.5-13:1 AFR's it's usually possible to make more top end power running a little on the lean side of 12.5:1. try leaning it out some round 3000rpm
you wouldn't happpen be running a rising rate fuel pressure regulator would you?

Canuckvolvo
12-05-2004, 01:54 PM
yes but look where he is at . he was averageing like 10:1
Oh, no arguing he's super rich, he just mentioned that his car 'always runs rich under boost' and 'rarely near stoich'. My point was it's *supposed* to be rich under boost, and you don't want to be anywhere near stoich. Yes, 13:1 is likely as "lean" as you want to run safely under boost- there's lots more power available if you can get those afr's under control.