• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

What Happened At Thunderhill???

Hmm, it was 7:30pm PST when you posted? (unless the board clock is still messed up), so I'm guessing that even if people had left before then, a small percentage actually lived close enough to be home by then. Even fewer came here imediately to post about the event. I'm sure there is some after-track-day-driving partying going on. :-D

I just drove 350 miles home [including miles spent while driving LOST thanks to Noah and or/Ryan!!!! :rofl: ] and although I did not drive my own or any car for that matter[at least at the track, I took my 244], I must say that it was one hell of an experiance being a passenger and most of the time a spectator.

The weather early on did no cooperate. It POURED for a good 3 hours or so, but people were still allowed to drive, causing many to spin. After that it cleared up and people got all stoked and put on racing tires, causing many to spin :-P

Everyone had a great time so it seemed and there are no incidents to really be of note. Fun stuff and I am gonna make sure my car will be ready for next year, when I have to drive all the way from Arizona!!

Well... It's 1:30 am and I just walked in the door from a looooong trip back from thunderhill today(Oh yeah pat, it was ryans fault :rant: )
All I can say is.... Thats the most fun I've ever had! It was really neat to meet everybody in the area and driving that track was awsome, cant wait to do it again :badboy:
Noah

back at work again... drove 390 miles back yesterday to Oregon... 780 mile round trip in 2 days, drove it all myself in my 79 240... I know I must have had the oldest 240 at Thunderhill, didn't drive it on track due to the fact that its a 3 speed auto and I needed it to get me back home! (3 speed @ 75 mph= about 4,500 RPM) Ran that puppy up and down I-5 at over 4,000 RPM almost the whole way for a total of about 12 hours and it never skipped a beat, thats why I drive a Volvo. Im also estimating a gas mileage of over 20 MPG... anyway, Thunderhill was great, it was raining and nasty till about 12, but then cleared up and dried out and was a blast. I just bogarted rides all day, easy when you bring your own helmet. Mostly rode with Scott from IPD (in a pimping V70 turbo and an S60 AWD) cause those were the only guys I really knew there, living in Oregon and all... I also caught a quick ride with Rex Murphy in his 740 turbo wagon with about 200 HP to the rears... Wow, Rex really knows that track, thanks Rex. Several spin outs in the wet and some muddy offroading, but no major problems to my knowledge. I really hope I can get out and drive next time... maybe Ill do what one guy did this year and drive a rental car! Im not kidding, he rented a Volvo and went out on the track with it, what a cool idea! My girlfriend and I both took pictures with our digital camera... will try to post some soon... my only complaint was that John Lane wasn't there. what's the deal? :rant: otherwise, definetly worth the time!

I got home last night, as well (175mi). The track was a total blast, I spun 30' into the grass exiting turn 2 on my first lap of the day, after a quick change of underwear and co-pilet I was back on and sliding all over the place.

It was a great day, I'm glad it was raining (im also glad my 940 has heated seats) the rain really gave me the feeling of controlling my car at high speeds withour having to be going @ high speeds.

In the afternoon the track dried up and I was too tired to drive it any more so my buddy took the wheel... my god i never thought my car could go around the track so fast, he said he went 97 in the straight.

so anyone who thought that i had made some maraculeus improvment in skill durring lunch was wrong... it was just a driver swich.

I will have pics and all that up some time soon, I also got pics of some of the cars SCC was going to test drive the next day. STI imprezza, Celica, 'stang mach 1, a volvo S60R, a Saab something or other, and a new BMW coupe... unfortunatly I missed the sick red EVO that they had, it was leaving right when we were comming back from lunch.

Huge thanks go out to tuff240 (Pat) for letting me canibalize a rear caliper bolt from his 240. That got me home bud, thanks a lot!

Back