• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

laptop can't see MS box.... It did last night! What to check?

turbobrick211

Okay, first time MS'r here... Tried connecting to MS with the laptop last night for the first time, and it connected up, found out that the TPS was wired backwards, so I switched it around, and after I did this and tried to calibrate the TPS again, it would show around 178 no matter where I had the pedal. Also, I noticed that the car voltage was reading 22v and the CLT and IAT both read 43*. Well, I tried everthing, and couldn't get anything to change. Checked grounds, checked fuses, couldn't find anything strange. Well, I gave up for the evening, and today, with new code from Kenny, I was ready to go, but now it won't even link up to MS. I turn the ignition on, and the fuel pumps and relay alternate on and off every other second, and the light on MS doesn't light up like it used to.

I am loosing it over here, I don't know what else to check. Can anyone help a brother out here? What should I do now?

thanks in advance

Eric

did you pull the boot jumper?
did you re-bat the laptop?
did you kill all power to the ms after re-flash?
are the versions of mega tune and the flashed ms-e code matched?
try reseting the connection in hyperterminal.
-Aaron
fyi, i screwed up like this too, very frustrating.

Sounds like it didn't get flashed right. The light not working thing always happens to me when something didn't go right with the code installation. Just try it again and follow the procedure above.

talked to eric on the fone today, apparently there was a misscom as to the version of firmware on his controller (my bad) and he made changes with a different msns-extra.ini.... i.e. one from 21uX. and the firmware was (i'm pretty sure) 24s9.

havent heard back from him *yet* hopefully hes sorted it out, i gave him a list o **** to do.

ovlov760 said:
Sounds like it didn't get flashed right. The light not working thing always happens to me when something didn't go right with the code installation. Just try it again and follow the procedure above.

Yup, deffo bad flash. just re-burn with easytherm or something. Had same prob a couple weeks back.

It's ALIVE

Okay, so you guys are pretty darn bright! It was the frimware in the controller. I updated the s19 file and then the laptop could connect to MS, and turned the ignition on, and.........................

brrrruuuuoooooommmmm!!! Fired right up and idled smooth at about 900 rpm smooth as hell! Then, after checking for leaks and stuff for about 45 seconds, my junkyard FPR decided it was done, and blew a hole in the diaphram shooting gas out the nipple and blowing the hose off. So, now I gotta find another FPR, and get to the tuning!!! I just am so amazed at how easy it just started right up, like I didn't change a thing!

So, now on to MSTweek3000!

Thanks again guys for your help (especially you Kenny)

Eric

Back