PDA

View Full Version : A pillar pods

boosted
09-22-2002, 10:40 AM
On this board, not too many guys seem to be broke(snoogans, egs60). But us 240 and 740 guys are and when it comes to mods, alot of us have to homebrew stuff, and when it called for A pillar pods, it required a little imagination. digging through my garage i found a 2" pvc pipe. the gauge fit perfectly into it. i sawed off about 6-7 inches of it and pulled out the torch. using GLOVES, i torched the 2" at the end, then worked my way in till about 5 inches. when it was soft enough to move around with my hand i squeezed it in flat and molded it over the edge of the freezer. then i measured the angle of the windshield and cut the flattened end to fit. then i sanded it all and painted it flat black. i drilled a 3/8ths hole for the boost tube and another 3/8ths hole for the wires. then secured it with two set screws. i think this is an all around great budget mod for when your in a pinch(hell, it was free!) and the gauge is much more accesible.

Hank Scorpio
09-22-2002, 12:46 PM
Sounds cool. Do you have a picture?

And, for the record, as of now I'm officaly broke! lol (No, really I really am)

henke
10-17-2002, 06:45 PM
i wanna see pics, and im also broke. and i am unemployed:(

916volvosport
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Sounds cool. Do you have a picture?

And, for the record, as of now I'm officaly broke! lol (No, really I really am)

no way!

Lucky the Smiling Pirate
02-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I have a feeling I will be unemployed shortly...and broke as a result too.

PICS!!

buu142
02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I had done the same thing while back. Worked out pretty well I suppose, wasn't mounted to the A-pillar though, I lost all the pics from when I had to reformat, theres one lingering on my cardomain but its a night shot and its useless.

Mesoam
02-20-2007, 05:47 PM
all you need is some cheapie universal pods hack em, epoxy em, bondo em and you've got a custom pillar pod...

i did mine w/ an IPD pod that a kid messed up, didn't need any of the mutulated portion

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/Mesoam/pod.jpg

color matched the other side for that oh so schweet OEM look