PDA

View Full Version : What should I do first?

Evan
09-29-2002, 03:47 PM
Ok...now that I've had my 940T for a while I've managed to scrape together a measily amount of cash to be able to do something to my car...I've been wanting to for quite some time. Driving me crazy. Where should I start though?

I've got a fairly good sound system, though there is no bass...4 Kenwood 6/9 and 2 Kenwood 5 3/4, and a Pioneer 6 CD changer (FM modulated hooked up to stock radio with a control deck mounted in the accessory bin below the radio). Now, I can get some 12" subs in a box from a friend with an amp that pushes them for $140. That is one option. Another option is too get the subs from him (for $50) and buy a better amp and hook it up to my main speakers as well.

Then theres performance and the outside of the car. I'd really like to lower is and put some 17's on it but theres really no way I can do that. The 1.4" lowering springs from EuroSport Tuning is what I want to get, and I can afford it, but maybe I should wait until after the car actually has new wheels on it, but that may be quite some time.

I'd also like to throw a cat-back exhaust on it...that's also affordable. Once I start thinking about all I can do and what I can afford to do I wonder where I should start.

Anybody got an idea here?

I'd also like a chrome grill and some other stuff, but I've decided those will come later.

Throw me a bone ;-/

Evan

Evan
09-30-2002, 01:13 AM
oh come on :)

I've been gone for 7 hours (work)..we need more volvo pimps in here!! :)

Evan

Hank Scorpio
09-30-2002, 03:23 AM
LOL, there's lots of ways to go.

You can lower the car for free by cutting the springs. Common practice, and while you won't get a stiffer ride you do get a lowered car for cheap.

Turbo performance is fun. Cheap end is a MBC and the high ends is a Cam. Pretty much up to you there.

As far as stereo it's all up to you. First I'd ditch the stock unit, and put in something nice.

Evan
10-01-2002, 02:40 AM
I don't really have the stock unit, the controller for my cd changer is an actual deck, it just doesn't have the cd part in it. I am happy with it..just no bass.

Evan
10-01-2002, 02:40 AM
How would you cut your springs? If I was to buy lowering springs I'd have to pay to put them on, so obviously I would have trouble cutting them myself

Hank Scorpio
10-01-2002, 08:56 PM
Ya, if your going to have to pay either way I'd just buy the springs and have them installed.

If you buy a new deck, it will be much easier to add amps and subs. I've seen and done it both ways.

Evan
10-02-2002, 03:46 AM
I'm going to go with the exhaust...with my new wastegate adjustment I think I'll go with performance, I love my car as a sleeper :)

Anywho, springs will come after I get that paid off (2-3 months, lol..)

Evan