PDA

View Full Version : 1994 940 project

surfinillini
11-27-2004, 10:59 PM
I have a 1994 940 with 150K miles on it. The thing is a tank and is so comfortable I can't get rid of it. It looks like $hit right now but I got about 2K I want to use for exterior/interior work (not including audio - not going to do any engine mods just yet)

I'm approximating 1K for paint and body job (I have a 2000 s70 bumper I need customized and fit for the 1994 940 front end and a rear bumper from a 1995 850 turbo T5r thats going to make the body look less boxy).

anyways, anybody know where I can get a custom or better looking grill than the stock one. I put a newer (blue) emblem on it but it still looks like crap.

Also, anyone do any other mods to their 940 that they can suggest to me that would be great. Here is what I got going right now.

1. PAINT - all black exterior (super gloss) also remove minor dents
2. Install clear corners and side marker lights (removing volvo insignia and using a wire harness from ipdusa.com
3. The outer rear lights will be switched to a strictly red/white color scheme, NO MORE AMBER
4. 2000 s70 fabricated front end, 850 rear bumber.
5. Dual exhaust

NEW GRILL???
RIMS???
POSSIBLY LOWERING THE CAR???

any ideas would be greatly appreciated

surfinillini
11-30-2004, 12:47 AM
BUMP

dl242gt
11-30-2004, 01:10 PM
I can make a suggestion for your grill. You can make your own custom grill from mesh that you can pickup at a hardware store or the Home Depot.

You can do a search here and on Turbobricks. There is a post or article and one of the guys shows how he modified his grill for mesh.

Clear lights would have to be sourced from Scandanvia. Try searching for JP Styling on Google or Dogpile.

For rims I'd suggest trying the Tirerack and Discount tires direct. Also browse the wheels Volvo has or had available. You can fit the FWD wheels with spacers on the RWD bricks. Many times you
can find some really nice wheels on ebay. I just saw a set of
17" Volvo wheels sell for $385.

For lowering while still having a decent ride the sport springs from IPD are very good. Just be sure to use shocks that are
compatible with lowering. Koni,Bilstein, and Boge Turbo Gas come
to mind.

Hope that helps. Sorry I don't have any URLs. If I find some I'll
add them to the post.

Best regards,

surfinillini
12-01-2004, 12:40 AM
Thanks DLOT,

also, is there anywhere you can refer me to, to find WHITE FACE or INDIGLO gauges for the 900 series.

all I can find are for 200 series and 850s,

thanx

-surf

p.s. good call with the homemade grill

dl242gt
12-01-2004, 12:30 PM
IPD was selling them for the 700 series, I thought. You could try getting in touch with Dave Barton. He is a member of the Southern CA, VCOA. He may be interested in making something up for you.

Best regards,