• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

help ross pick out a sub enclosure!

rosspod

okay, so i want good sound, and i want it cheap. so surfing at cardomain one night i found this set up: http://www.cardomain.com/item/BLAPCA12COMBO

i initially only wanted a 10" set up, but that one was gone when i ordered. but heres the thing, i have the thing that goes boom, and the thing that makes the boom thing boom. but no box, or wires. i listen to rock. metal. punk. indie. stuff that doesn't need a lot of bass, but i want to hear the drums more clearly that what 4" and 5 1/4" speakers can give me, so where do i go from here? ported sealed? how much should i spend on a box? what about wiring. help a newbie out!

Sub Boxes

The best Sub set up I've seen for cheap, is to go and grab a Bazooka tube (hear me out). The only bad thing about it is that it has a paper subwoofer in it. so replace it. The Cylindrical box design is one of the best due to lack of flat surfaces, minamizes standing waves gives you a cleaner output, and if you get one with a port, you get a higher output. Some schools of thaught will argue that because of the circular design this will give you more standing waves, if you find this a problem grab you ladies hair dryer and heat it up, then sit on it. giveing it a nice eliptical cylinder.

Chances are that once you replace that sub, you'll be blown away. The other nice thing is that you don't lose nearly as much space, and it's a lot more portable.
Egg

Back