PDA

View Full Version : Problems with my MS install

bryant
08-11-2005, 11:40 AM
A week ago, on the diningroom table, I had the MS box connected to the stimulator (running off an ac adaptor) connected to this thinkpad and all was well... when I twisted the little knobs on the stim, the display showed it nicely on the laptop.

Now, I am trying to put it all in the car and the thinkpad keeps giving the "No Response" message when I try to establish the link between the MS box and the laptop. So I took it all out and set it up on the trunklid and the laptop does NOT see the MS box... I have tried all the ports and returned to comm 3 which is the one that was working... I downloaded another copy of Megatune and tried it. I got another serial cable. Still nada...
So close...

Any ideas?

Bill Bryant
Near Santa Rosa

benflynn
08-11-2005, 12:19 PM
there has to be power(12v) to ms to talk to the laptop

bryant
08-11-2005, 12:25 PM
the MS box get it's 12v from the stim.

bryant
08-11-2005, 12:26 PM
When I plug in the stimulator, it's lights all start to flash and the leds on the MS box flash too.

but no connection between the Ms box and the laptop over the serial cable.

benflynn
08-11-2005, 01:03 PM
i mean when it is in the car it needs a power source

bryant
08-11-2005, 01:14 PM
when the MS box is in the car it gets 12v from the batt as well as switched 12v from the coil+ temporarily, until I find a better source for my sw. 12v.I have verifyed that it is getting both of these hots.

I am using the Ms relay board altho I am NOT using MS to poer the fidle or the fuel pump. I am letting the old kjet relay power the fuel pumps as it always has and I am not running any idle motor for now.

ms box appears normal when I connect the stim, but will not recognize laptop or v/versa.

bryant
08-15-2005, 11:55 AM

Lance suggested cleaning the megasquirt board with isoprop. alchohol and that did the trick...

working fine now.

who'da thunk it?