• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

Fan Control using FIDLE - MS V2.2 just fuel - no nS unit

malloy1

I understand that the FIDLE (pin 30) can be used to run an electric fan relay, but can't seem to find any discussion on how to do it using a MS V2.2 just fuel - no nS unit. It seems right that the FIDLE output ground can be flipped around from turning the relay on below a certain temperature to turning the relay on above a certain temperature.

The only thing on it I can find for this setup is this download:

V2.98 with Fan Control, which contains these files:

megasquirt.h
298_mp1.asm
298_mp1.s19

But it gives no information how to set it up after upgrading the firmware. I assume the .s19 file gets flashed to MS, but where does the other two files go (megasquirt.h and 298_mp1.asm)? Is there a better way of doing this??

Paul

BTW- What does all these extension (.s19, .h, .asm, etc.) mean anyway? Is there a way to figure out where a file goes by the extension?? It seems that the .s19 files are firmware files that can be flashed to the chip, but is that always the case??

Hey Paul - you'll get better luck on MSefi.com.

I ran X4 as a fan control, and it worked fine until one version of MSnS-E or other. But hip hip hooray, there's a fan control built into MSnS-E, which works perfectly.

IIWY, I'd go to MSnS-E, even if you're only running fuel for now (can be done), just to get the other options like the outputs (also boost control, spark for the future, WB AFR adjustments, on and on and on).

This will have you ready to expand your system, as well as keeping you abreast of current developments, and running the most recent versions of MegaTune.

I think the MSnS-e is the way to go!

Seems to be the easiest way to get efan control, and like you said, I'll be ready to expand the system.

Paul

malloy1 said:
BTW- What does all these extension (.s19, .h, .asm, etc.) mean anyway?
I'm no expert and I usually gloss over all the technical stuff, but i think the .h and .asm files go into a compiler program that takes those and your coolant/air temp .ini files and spits out a .s19 file. I think. But yea, get the "extra" code, it's good stuff. I'm running 024s9 with NO problems, using something like v411 of the program.

Kyle is there anything stable newer than 024s9? I just haven't kept up to date recently. Heck I've been running 022e4 on Erik's 242 and it's working great, I've wanted to upgrade but haven't really found a need for it! ;-)

John

I loaded up the MSnS-E 024s9 upgrade, and the right Megatune version. Setup the X2 (output 4) like this:

Fan%20driver%20Extra.JPG

The fan works now! and the car runs!!!

I'm just at the point to start tuning for the first time this weekend, and the MSnS-E software looks cool! I'm going to try the VEXME software too! Any tricks I need to know???
Nothing fancy, just a B21F NA/MS 2.2/LC-1 WBO2 in my '65 122.

Paul

Back