• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

junkyard diving

Manbeard

OG 5EURO OG
I got back from the junkyard about 45 minutes ago. I got some pretty cool stuff. here are some pitures of what it is:

I found this in the back of a 745
gauges001.jpg

pulled of of a 244 turbo. the steering wheel said "volvoGT" should I go pull more parts off of it? it looked like it had white virgos, too.

gauges002.jpg

I pulled the boost gauge out of that same 244:
gauges005.jpg

and I found these:

gauges006.jpg

gauges007.jpg

gauges008.jpg

all of them are in perfect condition. The car was hit in the front, so I couldn't get the hood open to get all the senders and such (for the oil pressure gauge in particular), but I cut the wires a little behind the panel. so, how much could I get for the three gauge pack?

Tha VZA said:
i smell a future eBay listing

:-D

good score!

ciao

well, it looks like I'll be parting out that gauge cluster. someone already got the volt meter. should I go back with my next check and see what else this car has on it (sways, etc)?

The middle one is an oil Temperature gauge. If you go back & get the sending unit (drain plug with a wire sticking out of it), you should get some good money for it off e-bay.
Personally I would keep it & install it.

schaff70 said:
The middle one is an oil Temperature gauge. If you go back & get the sending unit (drain plug with a wire sticking out of it), you should get some good money for it off e-bay.
Personally I would keep it & install it.

todd, is it just the oil drain plug (and can I cut the wire, because a lot of the wires were pretty corroded)? and, as for the gauge, there are connections for +, -, the temp wire, and back light, right? I think I will install it. I have two extra blank plates on my insturment panel, and I am gonna put a boost gauge there when I +T, and I guess now i'll have the oil temp gauge.

so the volt gauge is spoken for, and I am not selling the temp gauge.

sweet man, if it's a real gt it's got better suspension stuff first off, bigger sways, stiffer shocks/struts too i think. and should have 4:10 gears too right?

i might have to follow you to that one one day to get some cool 240 parts :-D

oo4playmrright said:
sweet man, if it's a real gt it's got better suspension stuff first off, bigger sways, stiffer shocks/struts too i think. and should have 4:10 gears too right?

i might have to follow you to that one one day to get some cool 240 parts :-D

come any time, man! I hope they dont crush it, though. they were doing that today. I am gonna go back and check to see if it really is a gt. I might try to get the turbo stuff from it also! what are some ways to check if it is a gt? vin?

oo4playmrright said:
Nope. If it has those gauges, it's a GLT/Turbo. GT wasn't built in '81 or later, so it always has the old dash. GT doesn't have 4.10. It could have a 4.10. Chris' '80 GT has 3.91.

I am gonna go back and check the turbo and intercooler on that car. and I am also gonna check the sways. I could try to get the tach(big one) and clock out.

Just get the dash as a whole unit, much easier than just trying to get one thing.

miniman342 said:
...I cut the wires a little behind the panel...
You didn't have to do that. On that 3-gauge panel the wiring for it actually unplugs from the harness, right behind the instrument cluster IIRC. You could've had the whole pigtail, which IMHO makes it worth even more money if you're selling it because it makes the whole gauge pack plug-n-play at that point for any 81-93 200 (aside from any sending units).

Acid8000 said:
Holy crap, Volvo had an Oil temp gauge!? What models did it come on?
200s had oil temp available in C* and F*, the 700 had it in *F, and probably C* too but I've haven't seen one yet. The 200s were 52mm standard gauges that dropped into the dash as shown above, on the 700s it went into the instrument cluster, typically where the boost gauge is (pre-91 dash?). The OE sending unit was the drain plug.

-Justin

blu92in99 said:
200s had oil temp available in C* and F*, the 700 had it in *F, and probably C* too but I've haven't seen one yet. The 200s were 52mm standard gauges that dropped into the dash as shown above, on the 700s it went into the instrument cluster, typically where the boost gauge is (pre-91 dash?). The OE sending unit was the drain plug.

-Justin
;-)

gauges.jpg

I found an identical gauge cluster with oil temp gauge a couple weeks back in an 88ish plain 245 with Overseas Delivery decals in the back side windows.

Back