PDA

View Full Version : MS soldering almost done... what extra stuff would you wire in?

740ATL
02-15-2006, 11:02 AM
Guys, All I've got left to solder into the v2.2 board are the two FET transistors that screw onto the side of the case next to the DB37. I just finished mangling in the LED's on the opposite end and realized that if I solder in the FET's I won't be able to easily slide out the board to solder in additional components.

Initially, I will be going with MSNS-E via distributor, but my plans ultimately are to go with EDIS and then error* MSNSe card, to control the other goodies.:badboy:

So, if you had the chance, what extra stuff would you solder in NOW?

muchas gracias

Mike

linuxman51
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
eh you pop the led's loose to slide the board out. get the big transistor to drive the idle air soldered in

swedefiend
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Fan out, ground trigger (for table switch?), boost solenoid wire, there's more. Depends on how much time you want to spend figuring out where the wires jumper off.

I drilled a hole in my case and ported about 6 things (to use with the daughter card), but I have yet to use one.

Just to busy these days.

740ATL
02-15-2006, 09:29 PM
eh you pop the led's loose to slide the board out. get the big transistor to drive the idle air soldered in
Kenny,

Is this the transisor you're referring to? via http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/pwmidle.html
http://megasquirt.sourceforge.net/extra/pix/pwm-tip120.jpg

Fan out, ground trigger (for table switch?), boost solenoid wire, there's more. Depends on how much time you want to spend figuring out where the wires jumper off.

I drilled a hole in my case and ported about 6 things (to use with the daughter card), but I have yet to use one.

Just to busy these days.
True... that's the prob... I'm still not well educated on MSNS yet... hell, the thing's still sitting on my desk at work... I guess it's not a big deal tho... I'm just nerdy in this kind of way...

Thanks guys!

Mike

linuxman51
02-16-2006, 03:07 PM
yeah thats the one mike