• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

...another grille question...245

MP 245

hi together!!

I already saw here in the forum, that few people made it to combine a pre 1985 flathood eggcrate grille and the post 1986 grille surround, or frame. Now I have the flathood eggcrate grille and the frame but whatever I?ve tried, it dont work without major frame plastic cutting. Now, before I?m going to cut the frame in pieces I would like to know, if somebody who already did a conversion like that has some kind of instruction manual for me. Some detailed pics of course would be the ultimate thing.

Thanks for any answer and lots of greetings

Mirko

...sorry for being so less precise in my first posting. I?m talking about this type of grille:

36423308.DSCF0015.jpg

Ist was used on european cars from 1981 to 1983. I?m not exactly sure if this kind of grille was used in the USA as well...I hope so, what the answers is concerned ;-).

Nevertheless, thanks a lot for your posting!!

cu

Mirko

I haven't seen any '81-'82 grilles hacked-up to fit in the '86+ surrounds; but it should be fairly simple, because the sizes are very similar. The width is the same, but the 1986+ is a teensy bit bigger ... you should be able to trim just a bit off the top of the '81-'82 grille, and then hold it in place with some carefully-placed silastic. Mind you, with luck you might even find that it just clips in ...

...the grille is a little bit too wide and a little bit too high as well. There?s perfectly no way to get the grille in without modifying the frame ;-). I think I now have a nice task for the next few days...I?ll post some pics of the result.

cu

Mirko

Back