• Hello Guest, welcome to the initial stages of our new platform!
    You can find some additional information about where we are in the process of migrating the board and setting up our new software here

Thank you for being a part of our community!

B21f manifold bling

Blubrik

the Fix-It-Up Chappie
I really could have found more productive things to do but I love polished aluminum!

750853.jpg

750854.jpg

Sorry the images are a bit off but my camera refused to get a crisp picture, the lighting wasn't great, etc... Despite wearing a mask I've absorbed so much aluminum from this little venture I jingle slightly whenever I move.

looks really good.

I think we're all asking to ourselves "how did he do that?" - care to explain?

My attempt:
56769031.jpg

used compounds and buffing wheels, finished it up with some polish.
yours almost looks duplicolor chromed.

I have been sanding every night after work for three weeks! Started with 80 grit and worked up to 1500 grit. I didn't want to use a Dremel or grinder because they easily change the contour of the piece, so I did it by hand. I admit I used a file to get rid of the seam that runs around and between the runners. Tonight it gets the final buffing and then on it goes, just in time for Carlisle! I'm glad to be done with it. It only has that golden cast to it because of the lousy lighting, in real life it just looks polished.

Uhm wow...aluminum is a pain to polish, I personally find that after going over aluminum parts with whatever high speedgrinding or polishing tool to actually do it by hand after. It may take a while but it will give you that nice even look, unless you're really good with those high speed gadgets.

Back